FTFC21: Build-ruary by Matagami Designs (Build Skill: 4 , Pilot Skill: 2.5 )

Matagami Designs

Master member
Got a chance to maiden the @The Hangar simple stick "Angry Stick".
20210303_173042.jpg

Stress Test

And that about does it. Pretty happy with the result just wish the control horns weren't generating so much drag.

View attachment 193986

As I contemplate building a F-117 (your fault, own it! lol) I started looking for plans, guess what thread I found?

Did you get any further on the plans?

I also saw the rack in the background holding planes, and I have been thinking about building one! That gives me ideas.

Matagami Designs

Master member
As I contemplate building a F-117 (your fault, own it! lol) I started looking for plans, guess what thread I found?

Did you get any further on the plans?

I also saw the rack in the background holding planes, and I have been thinking about building one! That gives me ideas.

The plans are posted in the resource section, with plenty of pictures. I dont plan on making any build guide but the pictures should get you 75% of the way and I dont mind answering questions.

If you make a rack like this all I can say is make it bigger than mine. 😂
16168974928092060861716685842023.jpg

Matagami Designs

Master member
Finally got around to painting my Edge. Hopefully I do better than my maiden with keeping track of it. 🤞
20210626_142025.jpg

Unfortunately I burned up my 2nd motor on Dat Rhino after designing and printing some hinges for the elevons which seemed to be working pretty well. I believe the typical paper hinge for this isnt adequate due to the fact that the aerodynamic pressure on the surfaces are twisting the hinge causing it to delaminate sooner than a typical FT design.

20210626_200623.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions for a motor setup for this 5 x 4 x 3 prop setup on 4s? The club president suggested I put an edf in it but that's a bit of a redesign so maybe something for the future.