• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Giant 2m Span Coroplast Storch

A friend and I recently set out to build a big plane, and now we did it. In under about 10 hours work put together. Hopefully a flight video will come soon.

Setup:

-Hobbyking Donkey 810kv Outrunner with 12 inch prop
-Hobbyking 30 Amp ESC
-HXT900 9gram servos (Should be enough ;)
-3300mah LiPo
-Turnigy 9XR Rx/Tx

Specs:

-Length= 1.2m
-Wing Span= 2m
-Weight without Batt= 1600grams

Here are some pictures:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some things to be noted are that I changed the position of the wing from the real Storch, as well as the Tail. The landing is more of a temporary thing, before I can get some real landing gear.

quorneng

Very nice.
Should work fine but I can't see that undercarriage lasting more than one flight unless you have a mirror smooth strip and 'grease' the landing!

Hi I am the other builder of the giant coroplast storch to answer your question AkimboGlueGuns, New Zealand had the elections last year so I went round to my local MP and asked if I could have some of his election signs, and he said yes and gave me around 40 sheets of coroplast for free����. So we did not put the paint there the coroplast came with it. But we are planning on painting in the future

We just used election sign boards, as they were free. You should see some of my other planes, with a huge set of teeth on the ailerons, etc.

Just an update: The first flight went badly and crashed, due to the ailerons being to small. We fixed this, and it flew fine, however it was a bit tail heavy. We will hopefully get a chance to fly soon. Unfortunately we couldn't take a video since it took both me and my friend to launch. Hopefully next time we can put a cam on the plane.