Giro boat

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'm guessing people didn't like having two spinning blades of death above their heads and decided to go for parasails instead?

Bayboos

It's rather just a matter of price per unit, large speed limiting the minimum lake/river size and the fact that you actually need to know how to fly the gyro in case the line breaks. And maybe the storage space/cost, cost of regular maintenance, and all the small things that make the difference between a piece of cloth designed to be idiot-proof and the genuine air plane.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The Fa330 was the first, and besides he never needed floats and carried a parachute!

Have fun!

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
THIS IS AWESOME!!! haha DANGEROUS, but AWESOME!!!! haha Thanks for the Share Balu! Loved it! WOW!

DKchris

If proper precautions are taken(as mentioned by bayboos), and users are trained properly before takeoff I don't see the immidiate danger....? Would make for a quite effective lowcost first training platform for gyrocopters. Make the mentioned 2 seater version to carry an instructor and pupil for the first flights, then go solo on a single seater version(or the same one), and only then move on to the "real thing". You can even train rotor preflight checks etc. with these, building up training complexity in small steps. And it would reduce wear and tear on the expensive licensed aircraft a lot, probably cutting flight school cost substantially.

As a tourist attraction for practically or literally untrained "pilots" flying solo on first try.....yes, thats definitely positively, inarguably and undisputably nuts!

The fact that anyone in the US apparently may build an actual ultralight gyrocopter(or plane) and fly it without any kind of licence, documented training or airworthyness certificate, is far more scary in my opinion.........

...Which reminds me of this little clip:

Last edited: