Good Slow Trainer for Newbie with no buddy box friends

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
The larger scout is a plane that is actually on my build list! I have the smaller one and love it, I would definitely recommend this. My stepfather has an explorer and it flies pretty well but it does need some space to fly it though, and compared to the fogey it is quite fast and not swappable.

4U2NVME

I will be off to warmer climates for the next 10 days.... To be continued on my return... already looking for a good OSD setup.. initially thinking of:

Mini OSD W/ KV TEAM MOD for F3 Naze Flight Controller
Naze32 Rev6 Full Version Flight Controller Board CleanFlight Firmware with Barometer Compass for QAV250 210 Quadcopter
Super Mini Size NZ GPS for CC3D Revolution NAZE32 Mini NAZE32 Flight Controller RC 250 Quadcopter
Generic GoPro alternative...

Not sure if this is a great setup for FPV, but may do some research while out of town and may be order so here when I get back...

Morgan

12-16-2017, 01:02 AM #2
Toothpick glider kid
foamtest's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2017
It looks like you could use that A2212 KV1400 motor and build an Old Fogey, its supper slow and flies really well.

I whole heartedly agree.☺

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
:D I have to say, that's one of the funniest post typos I've seen on this forum.

P.S. you can delete and edit your posts, I just wanted to make you aware of that fact just in case you did not know since you are newer to the forums.

4U2NVME

:D I have to say, that's one of the funniest post typos I've seen on this forum.

P.S. you can delete and edit your posts, I just wanted to make you aware of that fact just in case you did not know since you are newer to the forums.

Ya blow this thread up!!!

Steve Fox

The main parts i have and like to build with if possible are:

Motors:
A2212 KV1400 x2

i recommend the ft simple cub, its very stable, seriously robust and can withstand numerous crashes and is easy to cut and shut repairs when you need to replace damaged body parts.

this is my second one, the first was still flying but was getting tatty so i built a new airframe , ive built the ft slinger, the ft racer, the mini mustang and the cessna 180 but i still fly the cub regularly fpv because its so stable and predictable.

you stated the 2212 motor, thats what im flying on, this exact motor to be precise- https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...irplane-p-1085430.html?p=E8302048507252016052

the 1400kv on 3s flys well on a 8x4 prop and will give decent flight times, i fly on a 2700mah 3s.

A 8x6 or 9x5 prop can be used with this motor and will give you more power but will shorten flight times by around a 5th

Attachments

• DSC_1796-2880x1620.JPG
    DSC_1796-2880x1620.JPG
    710.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: