Great Planes DL Fling Issues

AK rc

Flying and Fishing
Hey guys, I picked up a used fling and am just getting into gliders. I keep having issues with the horizontal stab ripping off on slightly banked landings. It is getting to the point were I am worried I will run out of balsa to glue it back on. I want to either A put it on and have it say on or B take the block off the bottom and put it on the top of the boom tube. What are your thoughts? Also the block the stab attaches to is epoxied to the cf boom, any ideas on getting it off?
Thanks
Derrick

kwak

There is no reason to not move it on top of the boom. You will need to make sure the elevator direction is reset in the tx. Is the mounting block made of balsa so you can cut the one off the bottom and make a new one for on the top of the boom? I mention balsa since DLGs I've had use that for the horizontal stab mounting block.

AK rc

Flying and Fishing
Thanks kwak. So after a near disaster, broke the horizontal stab and didn't know it till after I threw it. Ahh no up elevator! Thankfully I was able keep it up till it crashed into a pine tree. Lesson learned. So I went for it this evening and problem solved I think. I will have to do some test flight tomorrow. But moving the horizontal stab to the top means there's no way to hit it on landing.