• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hallo Community

JP FPV

Hallo all,

I am JP (aka: "JP FPV")
I'm living in the Netherlands.

As a kid I started flying with those Silverlit toy planes and couldn't get enough of them.
After that I was thinking I'd better buy a real RC plane.
That was about 2007, Went to the local hobby-shop and asked for a good beginners plane.
So he gave me the Multiplex mentor :rolleyes: It was really big and intimidating.
I did a couple of flights, had a big crash and the intimidation stopped me from flying.
I still have the plane to this day but it does have some experience scratches:eek:.
This was me trying to fly alone and that wasn't as fun as I thought.

Than came Flight Test and I watched almost from the beginning.
The FT Flyer caught my attention and I started flying again. (Thanks guys)
At that time I was already working for the electronic production company I still work for.
2 of my colleagues where also interested and we started flying together.

Planes I have made are:
- FT Flyer
- FT Spitfire
- FT Sparrow
- FT Versa Wing
- FT Guinipig
- FT Mighty Mini Pun Jet
- FT Duster
- FT Mighty Mini Scout

If also flown many different planes like DLG, 3D
Some times i fly with a race quad but still planes are my favorite.
The best thing in the world I like to do is help others trim or even maiden there plane.

Now I'm into designing planes and the plan is to make plans for them:D.
I'm aiming for the intermediate builders and hope you guys like it.

Currently I'm busy with a WW1 "POLIKARPOV_I-153" which is almost ready for maiden.
I'm making this plane for FPV because I love Scale FPV Cockpits.

And I've made a "Eurofighter Typhoon"
This is some really rough DVR footage so bear with me.

It flew but I'm redesigning it to be a Big twin EDF with thrust vectoring (Wild idea)

Because Flite Test gave so much!!! I hope to give back a little.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mentor
Welcome to the Flite test family mate.

You have really progressed since that first experience. That POLIKARPOV_I-153 looks amazing. I am sure many will be looking forward to what ever you come up with in here after seeing that. Vectored edf with a foam board plane is quite the task. I will keep an eye out for that thread for sure.

JP FPV

Thanks guys I'm happy to see people like the Gull Wing shape just as much as i do.

Hello and welcome! I like that Bi-plane! got any plans for it? love the upper wing shape!

Gerald C.
I wil make a more detailed post of this plane in the "Mad (Scratch) Builder's Corner" really soon.
In the photo you see the first proto and while I was building this I made small changes to the plans but these are not tested yet.
After it had its first maiden and flies good, I will make PDF plans.

Take a look in my album if you like to see more.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums JP! Love that Polikarpov biplane - beautiful work! Do you plan on releasing a set of plans for the community on that one? *edit - I see the answer - awesome!! :) *

And can I talk you into joining our WW2 forum design challenge? :p

JP FPV

Welcome to the forums JP! Love that Polikarpov biplane - beautiful work! Do you plan on releasing a set of plans for the community on that one? *edit - I see the answer - awesome!! :) *

And can I talk you into joining our WW2 forum design challenge? :p
I've seen the challenge and I love German WW2 planes but unfortunately I want these 2 projects to finish before adding a new project ;).
I will be following the challenge for sure.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've seen the challenge and I love German WW2 planes but unfortunately I want these 2 projects to finish before adding a new project ;).
I will be following the challenge for sure.
That's OK - the closing date for having challenge entries ready to score isn't until December 31st, so you have plenty of time :)