Have a micro power train, need an airframe.

ikem

I have a micro power train and servos, I tried to make a micro wing but that failed.

This is what I got:

Turnigy 1811 2900kv
Plush 6a
Turnigy-1370a micro servos x3
2s Batteries

I was wondering if the Mini Skywalker would be ok for this setup?

What do you guys suggesting, or should i try scratch-building again?

Thanks!

Corbarrad

whether you want to keep on scratch building is up to you, but there's plenty of models in the 600-700mm range that your setup would work on. The mini skywalker is probably a bit on the large side. The motor would probably do alright, though I wouldn't expect too much performance

I flew that motor on a HK mini swift, at 2s 800mAh with a 6X3" folding prop although with a 12 amp ESC. Nice flyer, a bit heavy and I had to cut the wing up to the spar inside the fusealge to be able to fit the battery.
The motor even had enough reserves to swing a 4.75X4.75" on 3s on my friends mini swift. That one had nothing to do with a beginner airplane, though.

They had the mini swift as a plug and fly with an additional set of foam parts at hobby king a while back. If they still sell that I'd say go for that. fly the stock one to get used to it and build up a hot version with your stuff for when you get bored with the stock swift.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
It looks like that motor produces 165g of thrust, with that you are looking at a smaller frame than 6-700mm.

I am building a UMX Spitfire that might work for a scratch build.