Helo & Range Check Quetions

Sly Fox

Hello. Glad I found this site (Wish it had of been prior to getting my plane). I am brand new to the RC Airplane world. I'm going through the Flight Test Beginner video series. Have a couple questions from video #4. I have am Eachines P51 RTF plane & the controller that came with it. Looked through the book and nowhere does it discuss how to do a range check nor does it discuss the CG for the plane. How /where can I find this info? Although I have had it out a couple times (before finding this site), I will go back and do the suggested steps (other than getting a new plane) so I can be better at flying it. Also any ideas how to find a local group in my area?

Thanks,

Sly

Corsair714

Hello sly,

If you are talking about the plane I think you are my friend has the exact same one. It is a pretty good beginner plane. For CG you don't really need to worry. If it is the one I'm thinking of it just has a little battery hatch on the bottom and no way to really adjust the CG. As for range once again if it is the plane I'm thinking of it is so small you really shouldn't be going that far away from yourself anyway or you'll lose orientation. Check this link here and see if it is the same as your plane. If it is not ignore everything I have said.
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Mi...html?rmmds=search&ID=6276385&cur_warehouse=CN

Sly Fox

Hello sly,

If you are talking about the plane I think you are my friend has the exact same one. It is a pretty good beginner plane. For CG you don't really need to worry. If it is the one I'm thinking of it just has a little battery hatch on the bottom and no way to really adjust the CG. As for range once again if it is the plane I'm thinking of it is so small you really shouldn't be going that far away from yourself anyway or you'll lose orientation. Check this link here and see if it is the same as your plane. If it is not ignore everything I have said.
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Mi...html?rmmds=search&ID=6276385&cur_warehouse=CN

Yes that is it. I have their f4u Corsair on order as well. Was much better the second time I took it out. First time it actually got away and far enough out I couldn't get it turned (or could tell if it was in fact turning). It went down in the farmers field. Took me 30 minutes to find it. Went much better last weekend. I do need to work on landing though.

It is definitely a speedy little thing, especially with a tail wind.

Last edited: