Help a one arm guy out lol

rcpilotp51

The bomb diggy
Hello, good morning.

So Ive sustained a TBI and fly one handed. (Right)
Ive gotten in the hobby and learned to fly after my TBI.

I cut my teeth on a RTF $45.00 WL Toys cessna.
I would strongly suggest going that route for a few reasons;
1. it works out of the box and you can focus on your muscle memory and actually learning to fly.
2.its only three channel . ( i usually set my throttle and forget it that allows me to control ele. and rud. with my right hand.
3. Its tough, i crashed mine 45,000 time before it broke.

The Open tx protocol will.allow you to all you could ever want as far as switch/channel assignment, i fly with a Qx7 but if it died tomorrow would replace it with a Jumper T16 pro.

Good luck, happy flying and feel free to
PM me budd.

See you at Flite Fest.2020!

I'd be willing to help! You can PM me with details. ~Keith Brown

Piotrsko

Master member
Nice mods to the transmitter. For me, I would put rudder on twist, motor on the top. No need to spring load either but center rudder could be handy. However, how did you do that, all I got was the video repeating 4 times

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Just thinking out loud - you could also try switching modes on the transmitter and fly a bank n' yank with your left hand, maybe? Set it up as a mode 3 transmitter, with pitch & roll on the left stick, throttle & yaw on the right. Bump the throttle with the right side, and fly up and down with the left hand...Might not work, but might be easier to set up than trying to build a "one stick" transmitter? I don't know exactly what you're working with on the right side of your body, exactly, but might be easier to pull off with a different mode transmitter if you've got an artificial limb on the right?

Flite Risk

Yeah I found Bank and Yank style planes pretty easy to fly
Bizzyb once you learn and something small and indestructible like that wltoys Cessna I mentioned earlier or even the Ft tiny trainer, you might look into the crash test Hobby's assassin. It is known as being virtually indestructible. Only succumbing to fire and water hazards when you don't have a boat :)

Last edited:

skymaster

Elite member
sprzout might have something there. you can try mode 1 aileron and elevator on your left hand and you could modify your right hand. kind of like using a soda bottle over your elbow with a wooden dowel and a little washer at the end that fits over the control lever. just to control speed and rudder, i have many planes that have rudder but to thinking about it i never hardly use the rudder. and just like sprzout it's just a thought. i hope i did not offended you or any one else with this comment. never give up.

poor boy 101

There is a man who goes by captain uno who was in an old rotor riot episode. He was able to fly one handed better than most people could fly in general! Here is the link.
Here is another one to a more recent interview.
He flys quads but I don’t see why it won’t work the way he does it.