Help to connect wires to KK2.1.5

Andrea

Hi, I have almost finish my tricopter, i need some help to connect some wires from the receiver to the board.
I have a hobbyking receiver and a KK2.1.5 board.

WP_20140620_006.jpg

Andrea

WP_20140620_008.jpg WP_20140620_010.jpg
Yes.

I already have the wires but i have some problems like: i didn't fiind a software to program HK T6 A V 2.
I don't know where the channels go in to the board.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Ok, THAT's the best use of Legos I've seen in a while :D

if you turn the kk2 board over, it should have lables for each channel -- aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder, aux, for the header to the left of the screen (the right on the back). The pins on the right of the screen are for M1-8 from top to bottom.

You'll need to look up for your reciever whihc order is which for the channels, but it's likely the same mapping (I think they use the AETR order, but not sure). if you can't find it, hook them up, with the light colored wire going next to the screen and next to the lable on the RX, then after you power it all up, you can correct the order in the kk2's Reciever test (move the stick -- nope that's not the right response. move plug A to position B).

BTW, you board is mounted backwards -- buttons should be facing the tail.

the ESC from the front left goes to M1, front right to M2, rear to M3 and servo to M4 -- light colored wire goes next to the screen.

turn on your TX, Plug it all in (making sure polarity is right -- don't want to fry the ESCs) and the board should power up.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your KK2 is on the copter backwards. The buttons should point towards the tail boom. This is critical on a KK2 and the first thing you need to handle.

Your tail motor is motor 3. In your bottom photo you are looking at the front of the copter as it is facing you, motor 1 is to the right and motor 2 is to the left with the tail motor on top.
OR
With the copter facing away from you, top left is motor 1, top right is motor 2 and bottom will be motor 3.

Here is the pinout for a KK2.
kk2pinout.png

The ESC servo wire for motor 1 connects to M1 on the top right of the KK2 with the signal wire (probably yellow) connecting to the inside pin and the ground (probably brown) on the outside. Motor 2 ESC will connect to M2. Motor 3 to M3 and your servo to M4.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Dan caught it too and you got the 'right' picture.

Bummer about the battery, Andrea. I can see why you want to buy the 3S from the local shop. You won't have to wait a week while your new copter sits.

And I concur with Dan. That is an innovative tail motor pivot.

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Mentor
I don't want to sound picky but looking at the photos again I noticed the shafts on your DT750 motors are still long.

You do intend to trim them? :)

Andrea

I went this morning in the shop and the all batteries were gone...I have to wait until tuesday, about the shafts i'll cut them as soon as possible, is it a bad thing if i leave them long?
l hope that yaw control works...

Last edited:

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
It'll fly if they're long, I've done it. I never really tweaked it though. Now I'm waiting for some sunnysky motors for my tricopter, and give it another go. The DT750s all had bent shafts after a crash. I hate it when that happens, you can't easily replace them. Now I'm getting ones with direct bolt-on prop adapters, so we'll see how that goes ;).

Andrea

hi, is finished (props are off),He become armed one time but after that nothing, the kk2 is always in SAFE mode, battery is fully charged, but the KK2 shows 0.0 V, what problem could it be?

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Did you connect the battery to the KK2 for voltage monitoring? If not, the KK2 should read voltage = 0. If not, Check the polarity of the voltage monitoring pins.

The KK2 will timeout. If you turn it on and wait a while before you arm the board, it will time out and ignore the arm command. You have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to the copter or enter the menu on the KK2 board to get past a timeout.

Can your problem be related to either of these?

Andrea

WP_20140624_003.jpg

Did you connect the battery to the KK2 for voltage monitoring? If not, the KK2 should read voltage = 0. If not, Check the polarity of the voltage monitoring pins.

The KK2 will timeout. If you turn it on and wait a while before you arm the board, it will time out and ignore the arm command. You have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to the copter or enter the menu on the KK2 board to get past a timeout.

Can your problem be related to either of these?

I dind't connect the batttey to the voltage port, i don't have any wires to do that.
I should buy another cable?Or can i build it? ( i have a lot of wires in my home)

Last edited: