Help to connect wires to KK2.1.5

Andrea

When you go into the receiver test and flip 'switch B' do any of the channels change values?

No, nothing happen, i'll make a video tomorrow when i'll show what happen.

Ps the tricopter falls down from the table....I destroyed the lego tail...

Last edited:

Andrea

How it works:

switch B on : rudder on the right, throttle does not work but i can arm the tricopter
switch B off : everything works ( armed)
switch B on : rudder on the left : tricopter in safe mode..

it's default configuration of HK T6a V2...

Now, i can sleep in peace...thanks to everyone for the help!! ( in my country is 1:15 AM)

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
:)

You need to synch your ESCs. Each ESC needs to know the bottom and the top of the throttle stick on your transmitter. You can program each ESC indavidually through the receiver or all at once with the KK2.

When you do this :) TAKE THE PROPS OFF :). I know I know I keep harping on that. I just dont want you to lose a finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAaO6lyN0HI

When you are done, all three motors should start at the same time.

Andrea

:)

You need to synch your ESCs. Each ESC needs to know the bottom and the top of the throttle stick on your transmitter. You can program each ESC indavidually through the receiver or all at once with the KK2.

When you do this :) TAKE THE PROPS OFF :). I know I know I keep harping on that. I just dont want you to lose a finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAaO6lyN0HI

When you are done, all three motors should start at the same time.

I also find out that my KK wasn't on a flat plane. So i re-flashed the board , to make sure that all settings that i have done were delete.( KK is flashed with 1.17S2 pro by steveis)

Ok, i did it, now they spin at same speed.

After fixed all the thing I have tried these:

Props Off;Armed;Throttle on 25%;All the motor spins up at the same speed.

If i pull the copter forward the two front motor spins up
If i made the copter roll cw, the right motor spins up
If i made the copter roll ccw, the left motor spins up
If i pull it backward the rear motor spins up
If i made a yaw the servo counteract.

Could it be a good sign?

Last edited:

bacpck

It sounds like we are getting there.

I found that version of firmware to be fantastic for me. Got the quad off the ground with no issues and it is fairly locked in, I hope to get my Tri in the air this weekend.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Sounds excellent. Lets see it fly. :)

I highly recommend you trim the shafts on those DT750s. You crash upside down and bend one and you are gonna be PO'd. :)

If you don't crash upside down at least once the first week you fly you aren't really trying. :D

bacpck

Cranialrectosis..

I was going to trim the shaft on some motors tonight for my tri. I was going to wrap the motors in foil and use duct tape to prevent metal shavings in the motor. I am assuming I can just cut it using a cutoff wheel on my dremel? Any suggestions or thoughts before I undertake this job?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Andrea

Sounds excellent. Lets see it fly. :)

I highly recommend you trim the shafts on those DT750s. You crash upside down and bend one and you are gonna be PO'd. :)

If you don't crash upside down at least once the first week you fly you aren't really trying. :D

I already did that :)
WP_20140626_011.jpg

but i have also bought 1m extra of wood :)

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Again I am hoping Thurmond or Dan will chime in here. I benefitted from their knowledge and avoided the DT series altogether.

I know the pitfalls but they are better than I with solutions for those motors. I know the Dremel will work and I know you need to keep the metal shavings out of the can but if there are other pitfalls I am unaware of them.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
That looks familiar :black_eyed:. I went through boomstick faster than props when I first started. Ace Hardware knows me well.

But to break it you must have got off the ground???

Got video of the maiden?? :D

bacpck

Rofl..Awesome. .. yea me to. .quad first flight spit a prop, did not have them tight enough no damage. Second flight flew 6 minutes started to get away from me a touch, chopped throttle lost all four props. Next battery was good, then I broke two arms in a row :).

Andrea

That looks familiar :black_eyed:. I went through boomstick faster than props when I first started. Ace Hardware knows me well.

But to break it you must have got off the ground???

Got video of the maiden?? :D

Yes, i tried full throttle...1.5 meters up in the air and fall off on the grass...
The maiden is the video that i posted , the crash happened 5 minutes later.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Any idea why it crashed?

Did something stop. Please don't tell me the board disarmed mid-flight. :black_eyed:

Andrea

Any idea why it crashed?

Did something stop. Please don't tell me the board disarmed mid-flight. :black_eyed:

Did you see the video that i posted?
I started like that..but i use full throttle, up in the air ad spinning like a beyblade...and he fells down...
my fault :p

Arm procedure:
pull up switch A or B (together does not work)
rudder on the right
armed signal
pull down the switch
Note: i can't disarm the board until i pull up a switch and pull the rudder on the left, when is armed it stay armed.
(ahahahhahhahhahaaha)

Another question about the board, should i use auto level or not?( i have default setting)

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Mentor
It is more challenging to fly without autolevel on and the learning curve is steeper.

Learning to fly autolevel is mandatory to properly tune a copter. You have to learn it eventually if you want to do flips and rolls with a KK2. Once you fly in acro mode (no autolevel) and you get good at it, autolevel feels restrictive and slow.

In short, acro mode is harder and therefore more fun. :)