Help! How far is "Full Range"?

Blitzwing_01

More specifically, does anyone have experience with the DX6e 6 Channel transmitter paired with Spektrum AR620 6-Channel DSMX receiver?

I'd like to confirm what flyable ranges have been achieved, thank you :)

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
More specifically, does anyone have experience with the DX6e 6 Channel transmitter paired with Spektrum AR620 6-Channel DSMX receiver?

I'd like to confirm what flyable ranges have been achieved, thank you :)

If your not dealing with interference or bad placement of your RX, anything in flyable VLOS should be fine. [maybe if you have some 1/2 or 1/4 scale plane, flyable VLOS might be a concern...]

What exactly is your goal?

Blitzwing_01

If your not dealing with interference or bad placement of your RX, anything in flyable VLOS should be fine. [maybe if you have some 1/2 or 1/4 scale plane, flyable VLOS might be a concern...]

What exactly is your goal?
Am looking to fly fpv over parts of the Peak District, authorisation pending

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...does anyone have experience with the DX6e 6 Channel transmitter paired with Spektrum AR620 6-Channel DSMX receiver?...
I don't have any experience with Spectrum systems.

I have flown mt FlySky setup for control and 200 mW vTx and a CP antennas, for about 1.5 miles. Alot will depend on how your antennas are installed and the specifics of the location. I had all of the antennas oriented vertically and was flying in a low noise area. I was in the middle of a corn field. No wifi, trees with leaves, metal buildings or hills. All of the above will cut your range.

I didn't intend to get that far out. Where I live, it's an ocean of corn. I got disoriented & didn't know which way home was. I still had video & control and was able to set it down near a back road. I drove around until I found it.

Here is the first of a series of 8 videos that greatly helped me. I recommend watching all of them.

Last edited:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Am looking to fly fpv over parts of the Peak District, authorisation pending
not sure about where your at that you can get authorization to fly BVLOS, but if your going to break VLOS, your going to want an actual long range prototypical like ELRS or cross fire.

I think I have seen people get maybe a mile out of something like what you have there, but that was not with a AR620, but something with an external antenna.

Also at these frequencies, anything between you and your craft (trees, mountains, hills, etc) massively drop your signal. For context, I got a bit of hill between me and my fixed wing once (wasn't paying attention to the terrain) [that or a metal truck and my water filled body at the very least - or all of the above.]... was close enough that if I could have seen my craft to fly it LOS (and it is backpack sized). and almost dropped my control link with ELRS, had I been on spekrum, I am sure it would have dropped.