How to use a FatShark receiver w/o the goggles

ThFPVFiles

Hello everyone, this was my first time messing with FPV and I bought a Fatshark receiver and transmitter. After learning that the receiver is specifically designed to work with the Fatshark goggles, i decided to try it before putting it on the shelf. After flipping through the channels I found that the receiver has a default receiving channel of 8 (it is an 8Ch receiver). So if you want to start out with a ground station or cheap goggles and move on to the Fatshark goggles (as I do) then you can use the last channel the receiver has instead of buying 2 different receivers. Is it worth it?. Are you willing to deal with 1 channel until you upgrade? It's up to you! Hope you enjoyed this post, instructions on how to use the receiver w/o the goggles will be posted shortly. :D

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Immersion band is pretty common on most monitors with 40 or more channels. You should be able to use all 8 channels on any monitor with built in receivers.

Did you by a dedicated receiver for fat shark goggles instead of a general receiver that has the 40 channels and are trying to use it on a monitor?

ThFPVFiles

Did you by a dedicated receiver for fat shark goggles instead of a general receiver that has the 40 channels and are trying to use it on a monitor?

Yea, at the time i didn't know that it was specifically designed to work with the fatshark goggles.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I suppose you could cheat if you knew the pin outs and make a wire harness to use with a standard monitor. I don't own fat shark gear so I have no components to play around with to see if it could be done.