I am an RC pilot that is moving on to FPV; here's my intended setup

atariman24

I should preface by saying that i'm new to the forums so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. :)

I've decided to finally fulfill that childhood dream of mine and get my FPV setup running using money that I've saved up. The parts are still in transit, but I'll list what I'm using for anyone who's interested.

I'm using Mikey's FPV V3 as the platform because I like its slow-flying characteristics, and I'm probably going to use the Flite Test's rudder design as it covers the prop more. I ordered the foam online from Dollar Tree for in-store pickup.

The bulk of the electronics are coming from HobbyKing, as they seem to be a decent resource from the small purchases I've made before.

HobbyKing B6 AC/DC Compact LiPO/NiMh 50W Charger
NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Pack
GWS EP Propeller (RD-7060 178x152mm) black (6pcs/set)
ZIPPY Compact 850mAh 2S 25C Lipo Pack
Skyzone Plug-N-Play FPV 500-Set With TS58500 TX, RC832 RX, Sony 700CCD and C/P Antennas
Battery Strap 300X20mm (Black) (4pcs/bag)
Fieldview 777 TFT LCD Monitor for FPV 800x480 LED Backlight (7.0 Inch)
TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller
Turnigy MX-D80M 12g / 2kg / 0.10sec Digital Metal Geared Micro Servo
Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack
NTM Prop Drive 28-26 1000KV / 235W (short shaft version)

In the future (and when I get more money) I'd like to put in some kind of vector flight computer or whatever they're called that displays altitude information and things like that. I'll probably pick up those cheap Fatshark goggles, too.

Though I'm not doing anything groundbreaking building this thing, I'll post updates on the project when they come. In the meantime, anyone's welcome to tell me if I did something horribly wrong- this is my first real scratch-built project, and things are bound to go wrong.