Completely new to RC. I ordered some stuff and now I need help setting up.

ishj

I stupidly ordered some stuff and now I need help setting up.

The last time I flew a plane was when I flew a Delta Ray about 1 year ago. I did some circles an then landed perfectly. That was my first flight, ever. Then the exams came, and now its gone. I want to build a plane that I can train on. A few days ago, I was half asleep on my bed and ordered a FT bloody wonder and the FT spitfire. On the same night, here is what ordered from HK, depleting all the money I previously had :

Turnigy SK450 Quad Copter Powered By Multistar. A Plug And Fly Quadcopter Set (PNF)
900MHZ 200mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC
2.1mm Board Lens, F2.0 , Mount 12x0.5 , CCD Size 1/3", Angle 150
Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Set with Monitor (KIT)
Super Simple Mini OSD System for FPV
OSD Hook Up Wire Set
OrangeRx Open LRS 433MHz 9Ch Receiver
OrangeRX Open LRS 433MHz Transmitter 1W ( JR/Turnigy Compatible)
Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (v2 Firmware)
Turnigy TG9e 9g / 1.5kg / 0.10sec Eco Micro Servo - Long Wire Version X5
NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 286w
NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Pack
APC style propeller 8x4-E X5

I already have a 1200KV motor from HK with a big 28 written on it, a 30A esc and 2 2200 mAh 3s batteries from before.
I intend to do fpv on both the multirotor and the planes. I will get used to flying lign of sight soon, i think. But by issue is the Quad and SETTING UP THE open LRS, and also, I do not know where I need to use CP antennas.

OPEN LRS
How to I set it up??
I ordered a FTDI module from some random website. Do I need it?? How do I get better range with it compared to stock firmware
Do I need to change the antennas??

I live in Mauritius, and I do not think that I will ever find another RC pilot here. AMAZING place for FPV IMO though...
Thanks

Last edited: