I don't know what I'm doing. FT VCR Quad

Potter

years ago, I had a quad my brother bought me plug and play. After building several fixed wing planes and FT was offering a pretty good deal on FT VCR. there's no build video or instructions and I'm going to have to fix the wall pretty soon with all the banging my head on it. I've watched some build videos on the HGLRC tx20 v2 stack but they go way to quick and I'm use to Josh Bixler telling me exactly what to do.

Is there a resource for FT VCR quad build that I'm just missing?

Attachments

• WIN_20211225_09_55_47_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211225_09_55_47_Pro.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
years ago, I had a quad my brother bought me plug and play. After building several fixed wing planes and FT was offering a pretty good deal on FT VCR. there's no build video or instructions and I'm going to have to fix the wall pretty soon with all the banging my head on it. I've watched some build videos on the HGLRC tx20 v2 stack but they go way to quick and I'm use to Josh Bixler telling me exactly what to do.

Is there a resource for FT VCR quad build that I'm just missing?

Quads are pretty straight forward mate. They all get wired the same. Its just a matter of where the various manufacturers put the break out solder pads for each item.

I believe you may have this stack but in the F7 flavor vs my f4 flavor.

Use this for reference and just make sure that where you attach things are in fact what is labeled on the board. Just remember to tin you wires and cut the tinned ends just long enough to sit on the pads. That way there is no exposed wire to short on anything else. If you did the solder work on the ESC in that picture I am sure you will be fine with that. If you are unsure you can go directly to the manufacturers site and get the pin out picture for that exact set up you have.

EDIT: I also have a 4 video series of me building a 5 inch that may help too. Lots of tips and tricks to make them better and more reliable. they are lumped into this play list. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsDZ_UzA_RpsFVcaHbMa1acZLNpAn0IFk

Mamba stack wirediagram.jpg

Last edited: