• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

I Messed Up.

Vimana89

Yeah, I have ideas......
But NEED a Laser Cutter first. I'm thinking BIG. :eek:

If I can get to a FF, and REALLY want to be able to afford to, I have ideas for a four 60mm EDF C-5B Galaxy!!
I used to work on those huge P&W Engines between 88-90... That Plane's sheer size still staggers me!!

I'm not 2% ready to start THAT!! But it is on my mind. The new FT P-47 actually gave me ideas for how the tremendous Fuselage should go together.
STILL a pipe dream now...

YOUR concept Works! Kudos!!
Sweet! What a cool and unique choice to do a scale model of. Any four engine is ambitious, especially with EDF units. As somebody born in '89 who took C-5 as a small child on my first few family trips to Germany(pops was Air Force back then), I'm definitely interested.

PoorManRC

Also check out the giant BUFF build that @Mid7night did at FlightFest this year - instead of sinking the money into 4 big EDF units he got great results using very high kV multi-rotor motors with cut down props in ducts. Still looks great, and probably cut about 50% off the total budget. :D
I would LOVE to see that!! (y)(y)
This is a future project idea... FAR away now. I'm thinking 1/4" Foam Core Board, and at LEAST a 7 FOOT Wingspan!! :eek::unsure:

Either ambitious or STUPID, FF seems to always bring one or two EPIC Aircraft...
When I can afford to finally get to one - I want to make an IMPACT!!
(I haven't done that since I had a Band, 25 years ago)

This 2+ year nightmare will end with a sizeable inheritance. I also want to make up for a lot of lost time....
AND give back to this Community, which has and is so good to me - and help People less fortunate...
Knowing EXACTLY what they're going through.

PoorManRC

Sweet! What a cool and unique choice to do a scale model of. Any four engine is ambitious, especially with EDF units. As somebody born in '89 who took C-5 as a small child on my first few family trips to Germany(pops was Air Force back then), I'm definitely interested.
..... I have a feeling, Pops and I are about the same age.
Was he in Saudi in 89-91 too? Maybe I saw him. ;)