Icon A5 and Mig15

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramsgar

Funny, I got the "same" two models this year, but from Horizon (E-flite, ParkZone), and I just love them both! Too bad you're not happy with yours. Very generous to donate them, too.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I've seen some people happy with their Guanli Icons. When I got the powertrain right, I took it down to the lake, and once it was in the air it was just like flying a Bixler, but tip stalled like a dog. Flying from water just never did it for me. I like flying over it, but I can do the launching from the shore...

As for the Mig... It flies pretty well. I just never take it to the field. I go through cycles with the planes I fly, but I only bring that one out on request.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
the Mig is yours! I've taken it apart for you so you can chuck in your ESC and fly this weekend!

And I didn't even ask for it.

How about I fly it for a while and 'harvest' the bits over to you when you need/ want them (or before).

Thanks by the way.

Probably not flying this weekend, only Sunday off work so I should give that one to the family.

IamNabil

I know you are looking for a pickup, but is there anything I can do to convince you that the A5 should be mailed to the US for me? :D

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha, shipping is so expensive to the US it'd be cheaper to shout you one locally!

How's your flying going? Ready to build that eHawk yet???

IamNabil

The ehawk is my winter project. I am moving at the end of this month to a new house. It has enough room for me to have a workshop!
I love this hobby. The thing that finally sealed the deal for me was the AXN. I've crashed it so many times that I've lost count. It is super easy to repair, and inexpensive enough that when I do finally kill the thing, I can replace it for less than I spend on breakfast in a week.
Probably my favorite moment is when my buddy lost sight of his. We thought it ended up in the field across the river. We were standing on the bank, looking for a way to cross, when we saw it floating down toward us. It looked like a shot of the miracle on the Hudson.
photo.JPG
It ended up getting stuck in a beaver dam. We used a 35 foot length of PVC pipe to bash it until it came loose, after throwing rocks at it and using the prop and rudder to try and wiggle it out. It then floated down to us on the bank. My buddy jumped in to grab it, and slipped. He was coated in the thick, slimy muck. Eventually, he grabbed it, pulled it out of the water, and IMMEDIATELY, the electronics came back to life. We obviously had to replace two of the servos, but I am amazed at the punishment these things take. It must have spent 45 minutes in that cold, autumn water, but it came out like a champ.
I tried to pull out of inverted flight at full throttle. It nosed directly into the ground, and broke in half at the waist. I just took some hot glue to it, and it flies perfectly. In fact, I would wager that it is stronger now than it was when I unboxed it.

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hmm, I wonder if you could seal the belly, and use it as a seaplane.
I might make a slip on flying boat hull for it.
Mine is pretty durable.
I had a wing come off in a power dive, 5 min. of hot glue. A st. Bernard grab it. 3 min. of clean up. 4 full throttle CFintoT, and a loss of all control surfaces due to Sub freezing temps and weak tape. It still looks like new!

quick1234567

noob learning

I am a noob at this type of thing any don't have a big budget and if anyone has any thing they don't need I will surly take it. any thank you for reading this.

Dalton. park

xXolzXx

Wow shame i live such a way away, whoever does claim these planes take good care :D its sweet to see people who are willing to share the joy with others for free !

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'd guess the planes are likely gone by now guys. This post was made in October 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.