IL-2M3 Sturmovik Build Log

Wildthing

Legendary member
Not a whole heck of a lt of progress. Trying to design a 3D printable gun turret

Picture 6.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Just so there are no soft spots in the wing I figured I will add in a few ribs for support. Now to start designing the inner structure.
Picture 14.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
How big is this thing going to be? Seems like a lot of layers of spar in there... going to be able to hold a heck of a lot of weight!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That's pretty respectable! :D

Have you started thinking about the power system sizing? I'm always torn between wanting to spec out the prop & motor early so I can use it for sizing in the build, and wanting to wait and see what the final weight is going to be before committing on a prop/motor combo....

Wildthing

Legendary member
That's pretty respectable! :D

Have you started thinking about the power system sizing? I'm always torn between wanting to spec out the prop & motor early so I can use it for sizing in the build, and wanting to wait and see what the final weight is going to be before committing on a prop/motor combo....

I great thrust out of the Turnigy 2826 1400 10T motor with a 10X5 electric prop, 40A esc and 2200 3S battery. If by chance I need a hair more thrust I will use the APC 10X5 gas prop, quite a bit more thrust at a cost of only a few more amps.

Wildthing

Legendary member
How big is this thing going to be? Seems like a lot of layers of spar in there... going to be able to hold a heck of a lot of weight!

Also for the spars, 3 foam ones like shown plus I will cut 2 1/32" plywood ones to sandwich between the layers, they will be 2 feet long.