Is the FliteTest Mighty Mini Scout a good beginner airplane?

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Personally I'd go with the Mini Scout over the Commuter. The Scout is a much quicker and easier build, especially if you ditch the posterbard, it's just a square so it's easier to fix and you can build it with a single sheet of foam.

Yeah, I think you're right. The commuter can be his second plane.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Whichever airplane we decide on, I want to get it done by Sunday because that's when we are going to the field.
I'd say mini scout then. The commuter takes more time to cut out and is a more complex build. That's the kind of build I personally like, but if you want to whip up something in under 3 hours, go for the mini scout!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I'd say mini scout then. The commuter takes more time to cut out and is a more complex build. That's the kind of build I personally like, but if you want to whip up something in under 3 hours, go for the mini scout!

Yeah, if it was going to be my plane, would go for the commuter. I really like how it goes together.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Here's a little video of my mini scout:

Keep in mind both my mini scout and commuter probably weighed at least 50 grams more then they should have, so if flown with smaller servos and a small battery, it'll slow down even more!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Here's a little video of my mini scout:

Keep in mind both my mini scout and commuter probably weighed at least 50 grams more then they should have, so if flown with smaller servos and a small battery, it'll slow down even more!

Thanks!

I only have 9g servos, so that's what I'm going to have to use.