is this motor suitable for the spitfire ft ?

.WARHAWK.

Hi , i am relatively new to the hobby , and i want some advice about what motor should i choose for the Ft spitfire . I have from previously build planes a 40 A esc but my motor Turnighy g 10 810 kv will send smaller planes into orbit . So , i have to buy a smaller one . this is the motor i think is sutable for the ft warbirds series ... here is the link https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-d3530-14-1100kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html . is this motor ideal ? I would like to hear any suggestions .:)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums!

I think that motor is a perfect fit for anything using a Flite Test Power Pack C like the FT Spitfire. Should do you well, and at a much better price than the Emax too.

Got pics of your build yet?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Agree with Rockyboy, the specs on that motor are good. My only concern with this motor is the shaft. Perhaps someone else can comment, but I have one of these that bent the shaft quite easily during a crash.

DamoRC

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Agree with Rockyboy, the specs on that motor are good. My only concern with this motor is the shaft. Perhaps someone else can comment, but I have one of these that bent the shaft quite easily during a crash.

DamoRC

Well that's easy to avoid - just don't crash! :black_eyed:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
This one is a little underpowered - only 250 watts compared to the 315 watts max of the first motor. Plus it only handles 2-3 cell vs the first one which can do 2-4 cell giving you more options.

I'd stick with the copper colored first one - I've run a couple others of that line with no problems and if you do somehow bend a shaft in a crash, a 5mm replacement is a pretty common size to be able to find.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
If someone is able to get 313 out of it then go for it! :)

I think the replacement shaft on the first motor uses a clip rather than a set screw for attachment, so maybe it won't be as easy as I thought to find one. Plus probably need a replacement clip to go along with that new shaft if something happens..

.WARHAWK.

yes , the lack of replacement shafts for this motor is the reason i searched for other motors , and this was one of the best of them .... anyway , thanks a lot :D