Help! Back to scratchbuilding

EraJomppa

RC Enthusiast
Haven't really touched my RC stuff for a long while. But now I feel like flying again, and even more so I feel like building again!
I thought I'd ask for ideas before I start hacking.

Digging through my pile of stuff I found a few motors that I might use:
20210112_203559.jpg

I got my G60 500kv motor from the late 200% FT Duster, I think I will skip that for now ;)
Then there is the 3536-910kv motor (similar motor linked), which seems like a prime candidate..
And also couple of miniquad motors (no specs), maybe a smaller twin engine build...?

The Flite Test P-40 looks like a really nice airframe.
The 3536 motor I have is pretty close to the "power pack C" level, so it might a good fit even?
I have 11x5.5 and 12x6 props, but my batteries are all probably pretty flat.. couple of years of neglect and all...
Maybe something like 3s 2200mAh or similar 4s? I'm not sure how well those props go with the motor. Any suggestions here?
Also if the motor could handle it, I might up the scale a bit. I feel something closer to 1300mm wingspan would be cool (about 111% scale).

Buuut.. I have never built a twin engine plane before. Isn't the "power pack A" basically mini quad motors? I could go for a Mighty Mini Guinea, that would be cool as well!

I'll leave the monster motor for a future builds, I don't think that would be the best comeback plane :)

I got a hardware store that sells 6mm XPS, basically it's same as depron, so that's what I'll build with.
I also went and bought an Omnibus F4 flight controller. I'v used Ardupilot before and I like it. I could mess around with stabilizations and Return To Home etc. Buut gotta build the plane first.

PS. I can use laser cutter at work, whoo!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I've heard great things about the P-40, but I haven't flown one myself. I did build the mini guinea and I loved it, it flew great. It would work perfect with your mini quad motors.

EraJomppa

RC Enthusiast
Probably making two planes. Twin miniquad motor plane and then one with the 3536-910kv.

I watched this episode:

...And it gave me an idea to convert something like this mini F-22 Raptor with twin motors :)
I used to fly parkjets few year back and an EDF F-22 was my first plane.