Join the AMA Today and support and protect the hobby!

https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx

It's no doubt that the proceeds from an AMA membership will be used to continue to support the model aircraft hobby that flitetest among others have brought to so many people. The membership is about the cost of a speed build kit. Scratch build your next plane and put the money towards the membership. Aside from the AMA benefits you can support the fight against the FAA's new and tight restrictions on how we can enjoy the hobby.

I read somewhere that AMA membership was around 165,000 members. Lets show the FAA that we are serious about the hobby and can be responsible without the over restrictive rules (or interpretations) from the FAA.

This will also benefit the flitetest community and allow the crew at FT to continue to do what they do. When I share my experience flying and learning, I feel I can never say enough good things about the FT crew and the members on the forum. I encourage anyone who shows interest to check out the website or at least search "flitetest" on youtube.

Sign your self up, sign your kids up, if your under 18 have your parents sign you up for a free youth membership, sign your wife up, sign the neighbor kids up, etc...

https://www.modelaircraft.org/joinrenew.aspx

- Jes

RoyBro

Mentor
I am in total agreement. I joined awhile ago, mostly because it was required in order to join the local RC flying club. That, and for the insurance that comes with it. But since I've joined I've seen how the AMA is embracing multi-rotors and FPV. They do see this segment of the hobby as the future. I was astonished and delighted with the quickness of their response to the FAA's change in interpretation.

They are the only nationally recognized community-based organization for the hobby of which I am aware. I'm sure they were the "community-based organization" to which Congress was referring in the 2012 reauthorization of the FAA. As such, they are our best bet for fighting the FAA.

So if I weren't already a member, I would join. If for no other reason than to add my voice to that of the AMA in this cause. Of course that doesn't mean that is all I intend to do. I have already responded to the FAA regarding the change, for whatever good that will do. But I also intend to write to my congressmen and to anyone else identified as someone that may be able to help.

DDSFlyer

I joined the day after the FAA made their statement and in the comments told the AMA the reason behind me joining was so that they could fight the FAA and keep our hobby legal in the USA.

RoyBro

Mentor
I just saw on Facebook that the AMA is having a 50% off special on new memberships.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I just saw on Facebook that the AMA is having a 50% off special on new memberships.

That's mostly because the year is half over -- AMA memberships are always on a Jan-Dec basis, and they typically discount new memberships pro-rated to the nearest quarter.

Still plenty of other good reasons for membership . . .

RoyBro

Mentor
That's mostly because the year is half over -- AMA memberships are always on a Jan-Dec basis, and they typically discount new memberships pro-rated to the nearest quarter.

Dan -- SHHHHH! ;)

I do like getting the Model Aviation magazine. Next year, though I think I'll get it digitally. Their app for reading it on a tablet is pretty good. And knowing that I have insurance while flying does give peace of mind.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times

It's still a deal for anyone who never considered it until the AMA needed our help with the FAA.