• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Jst plug

What I'm trying to do is plug my 500 mah 3s lipo into a reciever. It is powering no motor, it's a glider, and the battery has a jst plug rather than the Xt60 that I am used to. Will the battery go straight into the reciever or do I need to solder a jst plug onto my esc which then goes into the receiver?

Merv

Will the battery go straight into the receiver?
NO!! That could damage your Rx.

3S batteries are 12+/- volts. I agree with @ElectriSean, most Rx need 5+/- volts. You could use a BEC, battery elimination circuit to setup down the voltage.

With a glider, you have no need for a 3S battery. You could use a separate 5v flight pack like we did back in the glow fuel days. Buy or make a flight pack, 4 NiCad, Ni-Mh or regular AA batteries.

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Again, do not plug a 3s battery into your reciever, but a jst plug can plug into the pins of your reciever. Just make sure to get them on the correct pins!

I've run a few gliders on 1s battery, but not all recievers can do that...

20200218_164426.jpg

quorneng

Ollie
I presume your battery has a red JST power plug and a white balance plug like this.
370mAh3S.JPG

But as MERV says do not plug directly into the receiver. Neither it (or the servos) will take 12 V.
A receiver battery like this has a Futaba plug that can be plugged straight into the receiver. Rechargeable battery versions are available.

Ollie
I presume your battery has a red JST power plug and a white balance plug like this.
View attachment 166014
But as MERV says do not plug directly into the receiver. Neither it (or the servos) will take 12 V.
A receiver battery like this has a Futaba plug that can be plugged straight into the receiver. Rechargeable battery versions are available.
Yes that's exactly what I have. I was just wandering because the jst plug looked to me like it would go into the reciever +and - ports. I thought this because I have only ever had the Xt60 plug on the end and thought it might be different because of the jst plug throwing me off. I didn't try it though because I knew it might go badly, I already have a BEC it's just a case of soldering a jst fenal plug on the end. I'm using a 3 cell for ballast.