• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kadet LT 40

I'm building a foam replica of a kadet LT 40 I owned a few years back. I know it's a trainer plane, but it was quite a fun plane inverted three feet of the flying field. Anyway I have found enough info to get it looking like it's older brother but I don't know what size motor/battery to use. besides trial and error is there a way to know which size powerpack offered in the FliteTest store would be the correct power output for this sized plane. I have the Fuselage at 30" long. Anyone know much about the power outputs and able to give me a quick run down on how they choose?

Thank you - Brian

That looks like a good article, also if you can post the weight of your plane here that might help with choosing a power system.

Balu

Staff member
Admin
Hey Brian,

it looks like you have used your email address as username. In case you don't want that, you can ask FlyingMonkey to change that for you. :)

Tench745

Years ago now I finished an LT-40 kit I'd gotten half-finished from a friend of my grandfather's. At the time I didn't have the money or the courage to join a flying club and actually fly it. It was an impressive thing to have in the basement with its 70" wingspan.
I found a listing for one, their recommendation: "ELECTRIC POWER use a 500-800 watt brushless outrunner motor, 50 - 75A ESC, & 3S-4S 4000-5000 Lipo Battery Pack. Sounds to me like you're downsizing the plane by about half for a foam build. The general recommendation is 100Watts per pound of plane. I'd guess power pack B or C would work for a plane that size.