KK Blackboard Setup Issues

jgrouse

KK Firmware 1.6 for Tricopter reversing yaw gyro

Hi, I had a good read through the steps people have taken to reverse the yaw gyro on a kk board using KK's V1.6 tricopter firmware. Neither the standard "turn roll pot to zero" or "use M5 connector for servo" options worked for me. In the end the sequence which seemed to work for me was this -

1) Turned the Roll pot to max
2) Powered on the Tx with all sticks centred.
3) Powered on the Tricopter - blue led flashed continuously.
4) Turned off the Tricopter.
5) Turned the Roll pot to min.
6) Turned on the Tricopter - blue led flashed three times then stopped.
7) Moved the yaw stick left right - blue led flashed continuously.
8) Turned off the Tricopter.
9) Set Roll pot back to about 50%
10) Turned on the Tricopter - tail server was now reacting the correct way - i.e. tilting away from the direction I move the tail rather than with it.

So possibly the led confirmation codes have changed in KK's 1.6 firmware? Odd that I could not find any documentation on the web that KK had written when he coded this version? Heaven knows what the sequence could be for the other functions.

Also, according to David from Rcexplorer.se the three pots have been assigned to -

Roll - P Term for Roll and Pitch
Pitch - I Term for Roll and Pitch
Yaw - P Term for Yaw.

This is to allow control over the P/I values for the PID code 1.6 now uses.

Having said all this I was running on Minsoo Kim's V2.5 Firmware before trying all this out and the setup for that was very much as David had documented on his site. KapteinKuk just decided to do it differently in 1.6.

Personally I think the KK 1.6 felt more stable in the air than Minsoo's 2.5 firmware. It's not self trimming like the 2.5 firmware however once you have trimmed it on the Tx via the sub trim option it sits very nicely in the air.

voipmonkey

well guys i can win i cant get a stable hover on either my Tri or Quad so I guess it must be me. I have all the bits for the multiwii now so going to finish this and see if this is any more stable. I would just like one of them to hover at least !!!

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Guys,

I had this problem as well.
You might know that there are two types of KK Black boards.
Nr 1) www.kkmulticopter.[B]com[/B] : Black Board (tricopter software v1.5 mirrored to v1.6)
Nr 2) www.kkmulticopter.[B]kr[/B] : FlyCam Black Board (tricopter software v2.5 (Dec'11) / v2.6 (Mar'12)
These software versions cannot be used on both boards, they are dedicated.

I am having the best results & fun with Nr 2 :
http://youtu.be/TnRdR86JTBc

Great board, simple flashing to v2.5, no tweeking needed, all pods at 50%.
Have 2 now, one for quadcopter, one for tricopter.
I stopped messing around with DIY MultiWii Arduino/Crius SE scratch boards, FY90-Q, HK boards, etc :cool:

Mark.

voipmonkey

thanks burg will give it a try. Go me some anti vibration tape too going to see if this helps :) will let you know how i get on

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
thanks burg will give it a try. Go me some anti vibration tape too going to see if this helps :) will let you know how i get on

MonkeyMan, I always screw the boards solid to the frame and see no difference in flight caracteristics when I use tape, foam or other demping material.

voipmonkey

ok cool. I used some pc posts and stuck it on but this caused me a few issues when i crashed :( it broke off.
still looking for something to cover the electronics?

voipmonkey

Hi Burg
I stuck 1.6 and my tri kk board and seems to work better. Tried the flycam firmware and led just stayed on all the time. I guess this is not the right board. 1.5 i found on KK site seems to be ok but we will see