LazerToyz order issue

Kevin_JaxFl

I ordered a FT3D kit with upgraded motor,upgraded ESC, RX, and extra battery. Paid for express shipping. This order was placed on Nov. 10th. So I write to them asking for an update. Obviously they did not look at my order very close. The following is the conversation:

Customer
11/13/2014 1:14:05 PM Any update on my order being shipped? Top of your webpage says orders placed 11/6 through 11/10 will be shipped on 11/11. It is now 11/13 and I do not see my order showing as shipped. I also noticed that Domestic orders over $60 are shipped free, yet I paid for express shipping. That may have been for the FT plane, not sure.

Thank you,
Kevin

Staff (Dan Greathouse)
11/14/2014 11:44:00 AM We are waiting on the 1804 motors that should have been here on Monday but were not they will not be in till next Friday. can we send the 1811-20 in its place , if so we can ship today
my apologies.
Dan

Customer
11/14/2014 12:56:18 PM As long as it is as good or maybe a bit better than the original motor I am fine with that. Just wanting to get it built and in the air. Thank you for the update...
Have a great weekend,
Kevin

Customer
11/14/2014 1:12:24 PM Looking at the motor I thought I ordered. I believe I ordered the Beef motor for the FT3D.(Upgrade 2215/09 and 9x6 Emax props $3.00) The motor you are suggesting would not be a suitable replacement. Please make sure the replacement motor is comparable in power to what I ordered...

I looked up the 1804 motor that was not in stock. Not big enough for the FT3D nor is it what I ordered. And still now my order still has not shipped, and it's the weekend. So now I wait again for Monday in hopes that my order is sent. Please tell me this is not normal service with this website. So far I am not impressed..

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Same here. I can understand getting a ton of orders after that article, but if it they didn't have them in stock it shouldn't have said "in stock" when I ordered.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Yeah, the 1804 motor would be suitable for the new mini's but WAY underpowered for the FT3D. The other 18mm motor would also be undersized for a fullsized plane like that. Sounds like they may have your order mixed up with someone elses.

Kevin_JaxFl

If they send me the wrong order I will have to reverse the charges from my bank.. I hate to do business like that, but everything I order was just over $150. No way would I pay that for a mini. I was going to order from Altitude hobbies, but they do not have batteries. Guess I should have, and bought batteries from HK. Just seemed like a good idea to order everything I needed from one vendor. I hope for his sake he gets the order correct.

Kevin_JaxFl

Still no update on my order being processed, and no response from anyone as to when it will be shipped. My bank shows the charges cleared, so he has my money. I just want what I ordered and then I am DONE with LazerToyz. I get better customer service from HK and we all know they have bad CS.

Last edited:

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I suggest giving them a call. They really are a mom and pop type operation, and I personally think they're great for their size. I've only had good ordering / purchase experience from them, so it's all anecdotal. My first two FT builds were using their kits, and I still have those parts working in newer rebuilds (DTFB just doesn't last long with my flying skills and the dewy/wet grass I fly from).

At FliteFest, Dan was constantly giving away parts for people in the build tent to help them complete their builds. When I finally went up towards the end of the weekend to buy parts for a FT P-51, he basically sold everything to me at below cost because he saw me helping out as a volunteer. I was humbled by his generosity and good will.

Dave

Kevin_JaxFl

Just spoke to a lady there and she stated the order is packed and will ship out priority today. If that is the case it should be here by Thursday.
I understand that they are a small business and the association with Flite Test has probably given them more business then they were prepared for. In these cases, I would work the weekends, get things packed and ready to ship.
Your accolades may be the saving grace for them. I do like how the smaller guys in business seem to be the first to give things to others to help out. And being an American company, I would like to see them grow their business and succeed. I like supporting American Vs. sending my money to China. Your input is appreciated... Thanks Makattack

Update: I actually have a tracking number and packing list. Let's hope it is correct.

Last edited:

shanecfi

I have ordered from them a few times now. Great shipping and prices. I will be ordering from them again very soon. Glad they got it worked out for you!

Kevin_JaxFl

I may try another order with them in the future. Really depends on this order being correct. Currently I am not so impressed with the service. I ordered on the 10th and it was not shipped until the 17th. I even paid for express shipping. I don't mind paying for shipping, but when your website says on the main page that orders over $60 are shipped free. Then at checkout I could not complete the order without adding the shipping. Kinda makes me wonder.