Long EZ - FT Style

artbski

Hello, how to mount this part?

part1.jpg

jpot1

Elite member
Your build looks great! Those pieces were supposed to go in the bottom notches in the rear of the fuse but you put a full span piece. Not a problem. I would suggest mounting the firewall to those horizontal pieces. Good luck!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
This was probably already stated somewhere on this thread, but what's the wingspan of the bigger one, what motor does it use, and is is a KFM wing?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
This was probably already stated somewhere on this thread, but what's the wingspan of the bigger one, what motor does it use, and is is a KFM wing?
The reason I’m asking is because I’m thinking about building one as a night flyer, and I want the wing to be hollow so it will glow. Also, I’m hoping to use a B or C pack with it.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
The reason I’m asking is because I’m thinking about building one as a night flyer, and I want the wing to be hollow so it will glow. Also, I’m hoping to use a B or C pack with it.
That's a great idea! You could repurpose those LED's on your FT-bronco thing.

jpot1

Elite member

The largest one which I have not posted plans for yet is 44”. It’s a foldover hollow wing, other than spar and you could definitely put some leds inside!

mdegalli

Hello all!

Thank you to jpot1 for these plans! This is my first FT build and I'm excited to fly this thing this weekend!

I fly at a gravel/dirt field, so I thought I'd add landing gear. It may be overkill, but for fun I made some wheel covers (attached). Retractable nose gear arrives tomorrow. Hopefully this thing will get off the ground!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• PXL_20201001_213538918.jpg
    PXL_20201001_213538918.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • wheel_cover.pdf
    10.1 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hello all!

Thank you to jpot1 for these plans! This is my first FT build and I'm excited to fly this thing this weekend!

I fly at a gravel/dirt field, so I thought I'd add landing gear. It may be overkill, but for fun I made some wheel covers (attached). Retractable nose gear arrives tomorrow. Hopefully this thing will get off the ground!

Thanks again!
That looks really good! (y)

mdegalli

Thanks!

I had to look up what the "reflex" term was! (up elevator trim on elevon) I see what you mean ... especially if the front gear makes it more nose heavy.

We shall see how it goes!

jpot1

Elite member
Looked great in the air when you got it flying. You are the first to build this with landing gear. Did the motor come loose at the end?

mdegalli

It flew great! 4S gave it some power and speed.

The canopy came off. I disregarded the instructions because it seemed like a snug fit. As the canopy came off, it pulled the battery out and messed up the CG.

I'm currently rebuilding the nose. Stay tuned for more adventure!

jpot1

Elite member
It flew great! 4S gave it some power and speed.

The canopy came off. I disregarded the instructions because it seemed like a snug fit. As the canopy came off, it pulled the battery out and messed up the CG.

I'm currently rebuilding the nose. Stay tuned for more adventure!

LOL - that bbq skewer is there for a reason - mine blew off too!