Louisiana Sunset over the Treeline

Ace2317

I took this yesterday with my Bat Bone and GoPro 3 White. It's taken line of sight at my house in Louisiana. I have to represent Louisiana well. There aren't a lot of us on here. My favorite shot is at around 4:40. Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to like and subscribe! Also, I would really like feedback on video, channel, editing, etc. Let me know what you think!

Enjoy, like, and subscribe! Thanks! You guys rock!

Gryf

Great Job!

I can only dream of having a yard big enough to fly in. We live in town, and our yard is tiny. :-(

But fortunately, I work for our school district, and my building has a huge schoolyard. But yeah, that was good footage. Your BatBone is a really stable platform!

Cheers,

Gryf

Ace2317

Great Job!

I can only dream of having a yard big enough to fly in. We live in town, and our yard is tiny. :-(

But fortunately, I work for our school district, and my building has a huge schoolyard. But yeah, that was good footage. Your BatBone is a really stable platform!

Cheers,

Gryf

Thanks! Yeah, I love it for its stability. And it really is awesome to be able to walk out and fly, at least with multirotors. Especially since my field is about 20 minutes away. It's awesome that your school district is open to that. I'm a teacher and our football field is open for things like that, which is really nice too. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks a lot! It was as fun to make as it is to watch!

I have found it nerve racking to try and get cinematic shots using my tricopter or Versa with line of sight. I find myself getting wrapped up with trying to frame the shot instead of actually flying effectively. I haven't tried FPV yet but it seems that it would produce better results and less close calls than fly LOS.

Ace2317

I have found it nerve racking to try and get cinematic shots using my tricopter or Versa with line of sight. I find myself getting wrapped up with trying to frame the shot instead of actually flying effectively. I haven't tried FPV yet but it seems that it would produce better results and less close calls than fly LOS.

Yeah, I plan on getting an FPV setup soon. It's just a little more expensive than I want it to be. Haha.

Heath

I have the Quanum goggles and actually really like them. I upgraded the monitor to a higher resolution 5" monitor (800x480 as opposed to the stock 4.3" 480x272 monitor) and a 700tvl camera. That made a huge improvement! My buddy has a set of Fatshark Dominator V2 and he says mine are every bit as good as his. The full Quanum FPV bundle (with transmitter, receiver, antennas, etc), plus the upgrades I made adds up to about $160. A fraction of the cost of the Fatsharks.

BTW, I'm part of the group that midnightdaylight is in (he posted a video earlier in the thread). We've got a Facebook group for Louisiana folks with about 50 members so far. There's also an "Acadiana" group specializing in FPV racing. We're having a big gathering in Pineville on May 2. Would love to see you there.