LTJG Tom Hudner's Corsair

bf109g-14

Just finished and flew a master series Corsair, and decided to paint it. The first plane I painted wasn't perfect so I was nervous to paint this as my second time painting, because I love it!!! It flies AMAZING and looks just as good! I flew my grandad's Corsair and was hooked! So I built this one. After only a day at the field I took it in to paint. It's based off LTJG Tom Hudner's Corsair, who received a Medal of Honor in the Korean War. I read about him and Jesse Brown, who was the first black naval aviator, in a book called Devotion, by Adam Makos. It's a great book, I highly recommend the read! I used a vinyl cutter we've had for a while but never used for it. Worked great! I'm considering building a second to resemble his wingman's (Jesse Brown's) aircraft.

bf109g-14

IMG_0144.jpg
IMG_0143.jpg

bf109g-14

Got it up Saturday evening, still flies amazing! I can't tell that weight was added. With the somewhat low-light setting and the incredibly dark paint it made it super hard to keep orientation. Almost lost it a couple times.

Colorado Jim

I"m building the Corsair right now, will possibly maiden it on Saturday.
I recently bought a DX6 (still getting used to it) and I would like to get the plane dialed in before flying. Would you please share your Dual Rates, Expos, CG, and battery placement.
Thanks

bf109g-14

I"m building the Corsair right now, will possibly maiden it on Saturday.
I recently bought a DX6 (still getting used to it) and I would like to get the plane dialed in before flying. Would you please share your Dual Rates, Expos, CG, and battery placement.
Thanks
I'm running a Turnigy 2200mah 3s all the way forward. It lines up with the recommended CG (right on top of the front spar of the wing) and flies beautifully. If anything, just a bit behind it.
All my planes I run 70/100 low/high rates and that works fine for me. Usually I fly high rates first in case I need some extra control if something goes wrong, but I run all my planes unusually touchy so you might not want to.
Expo is set to 30% across the board.
Everything else just follow Flite Test's recommendations and it should fly amazing!