Master Series Builds, Past Present and Future.

vicentel

Hi John - I built another one of your excellent F-14s this time with the Jolly Rogers livery, VF-84. This time I installed twin 80mm EDFs, 2x100Amp ESCs, rotating main gear, and landing gear doors for the nose wheel. I engineered a battery tray system to be able to hold 2x 6S 5000-6000 mAh batteries in parallel. The full build is on the EDF Power forum.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/flite-test-master-series-f-14-build.71440/

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7463.JPG
    IMG_7463.JPG
    502.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2883.JPG
    IMG_2883.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Burnhard

Hi John - I built another one of your excellent F-14s this time with the Jolly Rogers livery, VF-84. This time I installed twin 80mm EDFs, 2x100Amp ESCs, rotating main gear, and landing gear doors for the nose wheel. I engineered a battery tray system to be able to hold 2x 6S 5000-6000 mAh batteries in parallel. The full build is on the EDF Power forum.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/flite-test-master-series-f-14-build.71440/
Oh wow, what a beauty!

usaserres

Hi John,

I was getting ready to build your F-14 Tomcat and listening to your Build video, you are mentioning that we can find how to install rudder servos in another video and I cannot find that one. Did you make an "add-on" or "option" video and if yes where can it be found?

Thanks in advance.

vicentel

Hi John,

I was getting ready to build your F-14 Tomcat and listening to your Build video, you are mentioning that we can find how to install rudder servos in another video and I cannot find that one. Did you make an "add-on" or "option" video and if yes where can it be found?

Thanks in advance.
If you go the F14 build playlist you will find a video called, "Symbol mapping: Vertical and Horizontal Stabilizers". The build of the rudder is close to the end of the video (~22min 28 sec). I installed the rudder servos inside the foam of the rudders themselves. See the pictures on post #1541, you can get a close up of the rudders with the rudder servos.

Cheers,
Vic

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Thanks, John, for the excellent F-18 plans. I didn't get a video of the maiden, but your Super Hornet flew like it was on rails...and definitely has a commanding presence in the air. Much obliged to you and the FT team for your efforts. Here's a couple of glamour shots before it gets all beat up

Attachments

• 20240106_204731.jpg
    20240106_204731.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240106_204858.jpg
    20240106_204858.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240106_204909.jpg
    20240106_204909.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240106_204931.jpg
    20240106_204931.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

DbleDuce

Has the mini Master Series corsair been discontinued or was it revamped? The one on the FT store does not look like the one I owned previously (until it met an unyielding tree).

Planning on taking it to FliteFest this year along with the Hellcat and P-40.

Any information is always appreciated!

Draftman1

Has the mini Master Series corsair been discontinued or was it revamped? The one on the FT store does not look like the one I owned previously (until it met an unyielding tree).

Nobody knows, it’s been crickets here for quite awhile.
Nothing has been said or no new planes released.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

This is the Mini Corsair John designed. FT Mighty Mini Corsair
Is it not the one you're looking for?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
No, the one I got had the servos under the wings, and a paper cockpit. The one currently on the store is very different.

If you look at the build video that John Overstreet builds it's a different plane. I loved that plane, it was a mean flyer!
The one with the poster board turtle deck is the original FT Mighty Mini Corsair, not the Master Series. And with that said, it appears it is not listed on the FT Store and may be discontinued.
The plans for the original are listed in SPONZ - Plans Index, if you want to download and build via the plans.

Brian B

Elite member
where did you get the nose? that is interesting me quite a bit...
My own design. Originally I made a 3D print, not too smoothed, stacked truncated cones so it would look like the rest of the plane. But I wasn't happy with it, too small and pointy.
20240129_082546.jpg

So I wrapped paper around it, scaled it up and cut out patterns from makerfoam.
where did you get the nose? that is interesting me quite a bit...
I documented parts somewhat with photos against a 1" grid. Glued matching former pairs together. The two bigger panels were actually half-panels, translated as a single full part on the board. The nose tip is hand carved pink foam.
20240129_203735.jpg
20240129_205404.jpg
20240129_205459.jpg
20240129_205436.jpg