Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Got some work done on the wings

1604347934863.png

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Once my foam arrives from amazon (no dollar trees around here!) I'll be able to wrap some paper around the fuselage and work on the skins some. I can't really use my dad's computer because he's always using it, but if the skins aren't precise and repeatable, I might have to.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I

just glued it on and then trimmed it to fit the former. It's an awful way to do it, and it's impossible to make plans from😅 Some other people have a way to do it with CAD that us much more precise.

I'll try that way but with paper so I can scan it. I'm not tat experienced with cad besides blender, which isn't much of a cad as it is animation software. I could probably clean up the skins in Inkscape and with a little trial and error, have working plans.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I

just glued it on and then trimmed it to fit the former. It's an awful way to do it, and it's impossible to make plans from😅 Some other people have a way to do it with CAD that us much more precise.

I keep going back on myself!

My dad just offered to let me use his computer because zoom runs better on it, and by chance it has Fusion 360.

I'll be able to use cad and actually make workable plans without stomping on them in anger. I just need to transfer the formers (or design some in Fusion since i think it's drawing system is more precise) and loft to make the fuselage and wings.