Master Series Bf-109 Build

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
So it begins....
Photo on 11-10-22 at 8.38 PM.jpg

CrshNBrn

Elite member
The new features could possibly be retrofitted onto the bf-109 you've already made.

Unfortunately, your Me-109 died in a spectacular mid-air crash with a FT Corsair a few weeks ago. There's a picture of the carnage in the What Did You Crash Today? thread. I am currently in the process of building Bwarz's ME-109G.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Unfortunately, your Me-109 died in a spectacular mid-air crash with a FT Corsair a few weeks ago. There's a picture of the carnage in the What Did You Crash Today? thread. I am currently in the process of building Bwarz's ME-109G.
That's too bad. I really like the way he did his model. I've never used the 13th squadron style fuselage box, so tell me how it compares to the traditional backbone style.

Happy building!

danskis

Master member
@Whit Armstrong - great looking plane and it looks like you really put a lot of effort into the plans and construction. Congratulations!. Personally, and its a personal problem, I have a hard time building a German plane. But after looking around I think I will eventually build this (and no, not the Spitfire):

Avia.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
@Whit Armstrong - great looking plane and it looks like you really put a lot of effort into the plans and construction. Congratulations!. Personally, and its a personal problem, I have a hard time building a German plane. But after looking around I think I will eventually build this (and no, not the Spitfire):

View attachment 232076
Nice Idea! found out about this plane from warthunder, and wanted to build one. didnt realize it was jsut an unmodified bf109...

danskis

Master member
Yeah its got an interesting history. Mostly flown by volunteer U.S. pilots after WWII. I watched a great little documentary on it on Netflix. The U.S. govt. threatened to take away the U.S. citizenship of anyone who volunteered to fight for Israel but that didn't stop some folks from flying/volunteering. It was really the Americans that set up the Israeli air force (if I remember correctly).

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Yeah its got an interesting history. Mostly flown by volunteer U.S. pilots after WWII. I watched a great little documentary on it on Netflix. The U.S. govt. threatened to take away the U.S. citizenship of anyone who volunteered to fight for Israel but that didn't stop some folks from flying/volunteering. It was really the Americans that set up the Israeli air force (if I remember correctly).
That would make sense, counting that they mostly operate american aircraft, mostly f16s I believe, to this day. Surprised the plane wasnt a p51 or something.

danskis

Master member
The planes were built in Czechoslovakian in an old German factory. They flew them back to Isreal. At that time Isreal wasn't expected to last more than a few months against the arabs. The U.S. wasn't supporting the idea of Isreal at that time.

Avia S-199 - Wikipedia

danskis

Master member
@Kartman24 - that plane is so nice I would glue a couple of BBQ skewers to the bottom of the wing to keep it from folding.

What's the wingspan on this plane?

@Whit Armstrong - I think you've got the better idea with the spine - that's what John uses now. The box in back doesn't work that well.