Matthew's Journey Part 1, The bug has bitten, and the dark side!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
it was July 4 2021 when i had my first ever flight with my 130% ft old speedster.

since then i have gone through a variety of planes,
ft old speedster
kaddy (my design, and the plane that taught me how to fly)
dr loopin looies opel rak
3 x ft simple scouts
2x f-18 profile jets
1x yak profile jet

I still have 2 scouts, the opel rak remaining from this list.

but as of now my flying hangar is @The Hangar 's simple stick, bloody baron, mini kaddy.

current airframes needing to be flown, ft bushwacker, and a 200% @Dr. Looping Looie 's dornier libelle.

that in a nutshell describes my current status.

but now for the dark stuff.........
NITRO!:devilish::devilish::devilish:.

a few months ago i got gifted a .46 thunder tiger pro engine, now I have gotten it up and running, and I have started on a plane for it.
I'm taking inspiration from @BlockerAviation 's build of the giant foamie cub with a 4stroke engine, and I will be building a 40 size stick from foam to take this new engine.
I'm hoping it will fly well, but one thing I'm certain of is that it will not be underpowered.

anyways, i'll be posting all updates here, i hope it is useful information and y'all can find it interesting .

oh yes another update, i have upgraded my radios to a Futaba T8J, and my brother has a Turnigy 9XR, with spectrum modules (both dsmx and dsm2)
boy but they are way nicer than the 35mhz radios,,, the 35 mhz ones still work great. but the controls arent super smooth.

oh yes and a question... what plane should i build next? or one of the ones that aren't flying which one should i equip?

Regards Matthew The Mad Pilot

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Woo-hoo another 2 planes join the Hangar.

130% grunjet Griff lyers. And a standard kaddy, modified a bit, with steerable tail skid, and also ailerons, and a bush style look
20220523_165624.jpg
IMG-20220514-WA0009.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
and the dark side continues.. edf's............................. she flies beautifully, albeit slow:ROFLMAO:.
and my stick was crashed.. not gonna say who;), but i'm never painting a plane sky blue again:ROFLMAO:.

Anyways, i built my brother a mini stick to train on so he doesn't keep on crashing my planes:p.

and i've taken the splurge and bought fpv. with some assistance from a friend.

then what else.. after my stick crashed i decided i would throw the electronics into my bushwacker thats been hanging on the wall for 11 months. so i'm hoping to maiden that this weekend, and thats about all besides the fact that i'm looking for beta builders of various planes.

SU-57 Profile Jet
Lazer 230z Profile 3d
Glasair Sport plane
Heinkel HE-1
and a few more in the future. including a foamboard Scanner

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
and the dark side continues.. edf's............................. she flies beautifully, albeit slow:ROFLMAO:.
and my stick was crashed.. not gonna say who;), but i'm never painting a plane sky blue again:ROFLMAO:.

Anyways, i built my brother a mini stick to train on so he doesn't keep on crashing my planes:p.

and i've taken the splurge and bought fpv. with some assistance from a friend.

then what else.. after my stick crashed i decided i would throw the electronics into my bushwacker thats been hanging on the wall for 11 months. so i'm hoping to maiden that this weekend, and thats about all besides the fact that i'm looking for beta builders of various planes.

SU-57 Profile Jet
Lazer 230z Profile 3d
Glasair Sport plane
Heinkel HE-1
and a few more in the future. including a foamboard Scanner
Im in on the su-57 once i either get a computer radio or fix my seemingly unfixable tx16s

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Happy day oh happy day!! I have found a source of foamboard that works out to R40 per ft size sheet ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.
So far more affordable than the other sources that want R385 per ft size sheet ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Yay finally ๐ŸŽ‰
Watch this space

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
Happy day oh happy day!! I have found a source of foamboard that works out to R40 per ft size sheet ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.
So far more affordable than the other sources that want R385 per ft size sheet ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Yay finally ๐ŸŽ‰
Watch this space

Not sure why the R factor would matter, unless your insulating a building. In fact, I'd think a high R factor would mean more weight??

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: