Medium Spice Swappables

crash bandicoot

I have been using a different setup on my Swappables since I started flying. My flying instructor had me start on a 3 cell instead of a 2 cell for ease of battery purchase. I have been using 1000 mAh and 1300 mah hour batteries on all my swappables, with the Turnigy 2822 1480 kv motor, or the fantastic 2822 1100 or 1200 kv value hobby EMAX brand motors. I have been really impressed, and though I would share. I'm not sure what most people fly, but I know the 24 g blue wonder is popular. Anyway, I have been through 2 FT Flyers, and I also have a Delta, and a Nutball, both of them are great withthe motor combo.

If you put the battery all the way up it seems to balance out right wich suprises me. Also, on the FT flyer, make sure you hot glue the seam on the wings well, otherwise if you get going fast enough, or do enough manuevers, they will start to give. The FT is pretty amazing, it's by far my favorite plane to fly. I always fly it after a crash to get myself back in the air. I can do outside loops, loops, rolls, and split-s with it, and I also have a limiited inverted ability. Overall it's great. I have limited experience with my Delta and Nutball, mostly due to my Russian build quality. I have had two fuselages rip off the airframe, one on the delta and one in the nutball. The nutball failure was spectacular at around 50 ft in the air.

Another advanage is wind. I can fly with winds of up to 5 mph or so. I've never actually measured, but I've been out there when most small planes would get tossed around. This is where the 1300 mAh battery comes in handy.

Anyway, I though I would just share, if you have swappables, and they are a little anemic on the 500 2 cell, just upgrade and it will be a whole different plane!

Nutball and Delta.jpg Lakewood FT.jpg FT FLyer.jpg Funbat.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the world of RC flying, and to the forums. Make sure you post any videos of your flying back here to share.