Mein thread. (A scratch build a month challenge)

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Hello! I’ve made myself a personal challenge! The goal is to scratch build a rc airplane a month. My February build is mostly complete. All I need is to slap two servos on it and I’m gold. For march I’m think of the beach craft t-6 Texan 2. Here in northwest fl u can literally hear them more often than not. Like I’m outside rn and I can hear two of em🤣 I’m thinking of reshaping a set of mighty mini p 51 plans to build it. I have a f pack that will work wonderfully. If anyone wants to join that could be a lot of fun.

Something I found really cool from @FoamyDMs build ruary is the people rating their flying skillz so I made my own system of defining your prowess!

0. Never done anything with rc. (Absolutely clueless)

1. Has a rc airplane and knows it’s basic function but never tried to fly it.

2. Has tried to maiden a plane but never succeeded

3. Has had a successful flight!

4. 5 or more successful flights.

5. Has had quite a few flights on a trainer and is soon moving to more demanding planes

6. Has mastered basic flying and simple areobatics

7. Can fly pretty much anything. Can do low inverted with ease.

8. Extremely skilled. Think prophangs a few feet of the ground and the ability to get the plane out of nearly any situation.

9. Crazy skilled. Rolling harriers, torque spinning while prop hanging. Master of areobatics…

10. Omega. Maybe 50 or so people on the category.

rate yourself!!! I put myself in the low 8 range😝

And yes I’m aware that 100% of peoples personal threads crash n burn by page three🤣 maybe we can get something started here tho.

(This is intended as a somewhat off topic thread but no politics(Covid))

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
And I have a plane recommendation! If you ever get the chance buy a e flite extra 330. You won’t regret it… got to be one of the better flying extreme 3d planes out there. I absolutely love mine. Flies like a dream…
4242F07A-1400-4F1F-A7D1-290AF16F9F34.jpeg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hello! I’ve made myself a personal challenge! The goal is to scratch build a rc airplane a month. My February build is mostly complete. All I need is to slap two servos on it and I’m gold. For march I’m think of the beach craft t-6 Texan 2. Here in northwest fl u can literally hear them more often than not. Like I’m outside rn and I can hear two of em🤣 I’m thinking of reshaping a set of mighty mini p 51 plans to build it. I have a f pack that will work wonderfully. If anyone wants to join that could be a lot of fun.

Something I found really cool from @FoamyDMs build ruary is the people rating their flying skillz so I made my own system of defining your prowess!

0. Never done anything with rc. (Absolutely clueless)

1. Has a rc airplane and knows it’s basic function but never tried to fly it.

2. Has tried to maiden a plane but never succeeded

3. Has had a successful flight!

4. 5 or more successful flights.

5. Has had quite a few flights on a trainer and is soon moving to more demanding planes

6. Has mastered basic flying and simple areobatics

7. Can fly pretty much anything. Can do low inverted with ease.

8. Extremely skilled. Think prophangs a few feet of the ground and the ability to get the plane out of nearly any situation.

9. Crazy skilled. Rolling harriers, torque spinning while prop hanging. Master of areobatics…

10. Omega. Maybe 50 or so people on the category.

rate yourself!!! I put myself in the low 8 range😝

And yes I’m aware that 100% of peoples personal threads crash n burn by page three🤣 maybe we can get something started here tho.

(This is intended as a somewhat off topic thread but no politics(Covid))
I would rate myself a 4.5 almost a 5 cause I still use the aura board in my intermediate planes

luvmy40

Elite member
I'm going to rate my skills at 2.5 by your scale. I have several sucessful 3 channel flights, pre 1985. I have one, unsuccseful(not catastrophic) 4 channel maiden within the last 3 months and a few dozen EZ kit flights along with many hours of flight simulator stick time.

I'm hoping to get a little good weather to maiden my Bloody Brit, 4 channel with flight stabilizer this weekend or next. That might just bump me up the scale a bit :p

At this point, for me, it's more about the build than the flying. Mainly due to the nasty NEO winter weather!

Last edited:

Flyingshark

Master member
I think I'm a 6 or 7 on that scale. I'm getting the hang of flying inverted, and I do aerobatics with my Ultrix.

I love the idea of building a plane per month! I wish my budget and/or how quickly I crash planes could provide enough electronics for me to do that! :D

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
I think I'm a 6 or 7 on that scale. I'm getting the hang of flying inverted, and I do aerobatics with my Ultrix.

I love the idea of building a plane per month! I wish my budget and/or how quickly I crash planes could provide enough electronics for me to do that! :D
Gotcha! 6.9 it is🤣 and I say you wouldn’t have to put the electronics in. It would be really nice to have planes just waiting for you to crash others😝

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Ok this is actually crazy a p51 a t6 texan and a early British jet all took off from fairhope and r flying over the mobile bay… sure wish I was there…