Mini Mamba 3D Biplane

chris398mx

Master member
I have been following the Three Dimensional Flying with a Two Dimensional Plane! thread and decided to design and build a Mamba 10 inspired 3D Biplane. Here are some pictures of the V1 design. It didnt last long, but I think it has potential to be a great design. Below are the plans for the V2 design. Please join in and build one of these Beta V2 and give me some feedback. Thanks and happy flying.
@The Hangar has already built and flew one.

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

Beta V2 design plans are attached below.

Attachments

• Mini Mamba v2 pg2.pdf
    229.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini Mamba v2 pg1.pdf
    162.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini Mamba v2 pg3.pdf
    218 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
This is designed for a Cpack motor I have the Radial C pack on mine and The Hanger used the old C pack on his.
Sorry, made the assumption because it was called the "Mini Mamba" that it would be an F pack, then I took a closer look at the pics and realized it isn't. My bad.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Looks really tail heavy in your maiden video.
I know what you mean, not that I am a 3D guy yet, but I have noticed that most 3D planes fly like that if you are used to seeing warbirds or other more conventional airframes in the air.

Look at the FT Edge anyone builds, they all seem to be tail lazy in the air. I could be wrong but it is something I noticed people say when they first fly it, especially if they have never flown a 3D plane before. Principle is that the plane should fly off the prop and not the wing I am guessing.

mach1 rc

Master member
I know what you mean, not that I am a 3D guy yet, but I have noticed that most 3D planes fly like that if you are used to seeing warbirds or other more conventional airframes in the air.

Look at the FT Edge anyone builds, they all seem to be tail lazy in the air. I could be wrong but it is something I noticed people say when they first fly it, especially if they have never flown a 3D plane before. Principle is that the plane should fly off the prop and not the wing I am guessing.
Yah I had a edge 540 and a eflite sukhoi and they both liked tail heavy when doing stunts.

chris398mx

Master member
Sorry, made the assumption because it was called the "Mini Mamba" that it would be an F pack, then I took a closer look at the pics and realized it isn't. My bad.
Yes, my bad. I called it a Mini because it is scaled down from the Mamba 10. 42" wingspan to about 28" I guess I should have just called it Mamba, but I intend on building the 42" version also. I just don't know what size electronics it will require. Motor, speed control and servos?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
You know what that gets me thinking... If on the C pack that @The Hangar used on it with all the torque roll he had in his maiden, would it be possible to make the plane bigger with the same gear?
So it definitly has torque roll, but after I gave it a little trim, It didn’t really suffer it as much. I think it is well suited to the c pack. It has really good vertical. Imagine like a commuter on a c pack - a ton of fun! It dude - would be epic to see an enlarged version of this. Maybe even get the flex mamba decals for it, they are only like $10 I think, and your rimfire would carry that through the sky like nobody’s business 😎