Mini Mamba 3D Biplane

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Rolls on Bipes are fun aren't they, There is no such thing as being greedy, it's just an excuse to rebuild and fix, room for improvements
Yeah! Not going to build another Mamba for a little while. I'm going to transfer the servos to the EAF edge. Funny thing is one servo "stripped" from the crash, but even the prop survived. It works OK, but stutters under load in one direction. It'll join the ranks of bomb drop/cargo door servos:ROFLMAO:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Yeah! Not going to build another Mamba for a little while. I'm going to transfer the servos to the EAF edge. Funny thing is one servo "stripped" from the crash, but even the prop survived. It works OK, but stutters under load in one direction. It'll join the ranks of bomb drop/cargo door servos:ROFLMAO:
If you make the servo turn in the "stripped" direction the clicking sounds like a machine gun, I did this on a mini mustang a couple years ago.

Lol, I was so tiny back then:ROFLMAO:

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
If you make the servo turn in the "stripped" direction the clicking sounds like a machine gun, I did this on a mini mustang a couple years ago.

Lol, I was so tiny back then:ROFLMAO:

That's awesome! That's worth stripping a new servo, just for the sound effect!
Is it possible for you to post a pic of the gears in the servo, so I can duplicate it? I want to put one in my A-10.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
You don’t have any stripped servos lying around?
LOL! No. All my servo's are in planes, except for my 1/8th scale buggy servo's, but they're way too big, and metal gear. The only stripped servo's I had came out of a Night Radian FT, and I clipped off the wires and tossed 'em, straight away.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Sure I'll try, I might just draw up a image of what it looks like incase my camera doesn't pick it up.
The reason I ask is, any servo I ever stripped just clicked in one spot, not like in your video. So, I'm not sure which missing tooth, on which gear will produce the same cool sound. I just don't want to guess at it.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
The reason I ask is, any servo I ever stripped just clicked in one spot, not like in your video. So, I'm not sure which missing tooth, on which gear will produce the same cool sound. I just don't want to guess at it.
I don't know which gear stripped out, but it only made the clicking sound in one direction so I set it up on a switch to get it to turn into the plastic gift card. The servo on the right is the stipped one.
168527_e9b76a9dcf327cc06b055dbd35679083.jpg

chris398mx

Master member
Thanks Guys. I wanted to get the maiden in before more bad weather hits. Plus i will be busy with the holiday weekend and I am going to Mexico next week. I spent the first minute and a half trying to get it trimmed descent and tried a few things. It spins like crazy on high rates. i need to put a few packs threw it and see what I can get figured out. I used a 9x4.7 prop because I broke my 10x3.8 on the maiden of the last one. With such a big fuse the smaller prop didn't seem to have the snap of the 10 incher. I will order another one and see how it does.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@chris398mx Just curious if you're still planning on making a 42 inch wingspan mamba. I am kinda obsessed with 3D as of late and hope to get the Flex mamba next month and I just picked up the umx beast - basically a umx mamba, so I'm kinda itching for another foam board mamba. However I kinda want my next one to have a lighter wing loading so it's better at the low-n-slow. I'm hoping to use my rimfire motor on 3s with a 11 or 12 inch prop and Ideally keep the weight down super low so a lot of peeling of paper and maybe some gorilla glue as well. I'll scale up the plans and deal with the molded foam skins not fitting cause of the upscale as I go, but if you're still planning on making a larger version, I'll wait and build it off of your plans.

chris398mx

Master member
@chris398mx Just curious if you're still planning on making a 42 inch wingspan mamba. I am kinda obsessed with 3D as of late and hope to get the Flex mamba next month and I just picked up the umx beast - basically a umx mamba, so I'm kinda itching for another foam board mamba. However I kinda want my next one to have a lighter wing loading so it's better at the low-n-slow. I'm hoping to use my rimfire motor on 3s with a 11 or 12 inch prop and Ideally keep the weight down super low so a lot of peeling of paper and maybe some gorilla glue as well. I'll scale up the plans and deal with the molded foam skins not fitting cause of the upscale as I go, but if you're still planning on making a larger version, I'll wait and build it off of your plans.

I would like to sooner than later, but as you know how it goes........ I have a list of projects to get done before this one. Willy Nillies Hummer, Hanger 9 Valiant ARF with a Saito 91 four stroke, Sig Astro Hog , and I need to repair two other balsa planes all before summer gets here....LOL I will never make it. Oh yea, I for got as soon as the Hummer is done, I have to build your ultra stick for my son to learn on. So I guess you will have to scale the plans I already made. I am sorry I cant help out sooner, but I know you understand the madness that is this hobby. Good luck and please post your progress, I will be watching with interest.

1585017470348.png