Mini RB-57D

Looking awesome! What battery are you planning on using?
I've got a few 850-3S, and specs on these 1406-3100Kv motors tell me this'll be fine.
I've also got a pair of 1606-3300Kv motors if I need more power, still on the same battery. But the specs seem to tell me the 1406s with 4" props should be good. I want to try 3-blade props (perfectly good for these quad motors) and see if I break them. Anyway it'll do 4" 2-blade if I have to.

Then from what I learned here my next build will be super simplified and hopefully lighter still, so they'll get the 1406-3100Kv pair, and just for kicks I got a couple little 2S to see how we do flying as light as possible. (But flight time will be pretty short I think.)

IMG_1270.JPG
Pretty much all I have left is to solder extensions and a Y-harness for battery-ESCs-motors, and cut control horns and make control rods.

Thanks Timmy.
"Dam that's fast"
Yeah this runs a lot hotter than my Sport Stik! Feels like a sports car. Hard for a newbie like me to keep track of!
But it seems to fly really well. Reduced the throws to 70% and added 30% expo and it smoothed out. But it was still a hot rod for me.
What did you crash it for?
I got bored. :cool:
I want to build that now.
Yeah but you say that for every plane you see!
And I want that. And I want that. And that one. And...

PoorManRC

Master member
She IS a nice little Hot Rod!! 👍👍 Good looking Bird too! I like most of the Korean War Jets... But the 57 was special. Our first purely British built Bird.

I see how you overcame the the split Wing with Engines through the Spar. Simple and clever solution!!
The light Wing Loading did look like it made the controls TOUCHY. I'd almost go for 50% Expo!
On my Scout, I actually went with 60% Expo on the Ailerons!!

I can see where in this case, quad Motors was the best solution too. EDFs might be more realistic.... but any of the early Jets had such TINY Engines and Nacelles, that you would probably need 30mm EDFs - IF you could even find them. They would be more underpowered than the first Jets in real life!

All in all, superb design!! 👌👏👏👏👏👏👏