Mini RB-57D

She IS a nice little Hot Rod!! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť Good looking Bird too! I like most of the Korean War Jets... But the 57 was special. Our first purely British built Bird.

I see how you overcame the the split Wing with Engines through the Spar. Simple and clever solution!!
The light Wing Loading did look like it made the controls TOUCHY. I'd almost go for 50% Expo!
On my Scout, I actually went with 60% Expo on the Ailerons!!

I can see where in this case, quad Motors was the best solution too. EDFs might be more realistic.... but any of the early Jets had such TINY Engines and Nacelles, that you would probably need 30mm EDFs - IF you could even find them. They would be more underpowered than the first Jets in real life!

All in all, superb design!! đź‘Śđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź
Thank you! Thanks a million PMRC.
I'm hoping it'll fly much slower than @ the maiden. To reduce weight I reduced the wing bottom plate to just past the engine nacelles, as you can see. I figured that at the wing joint was the only place I really needed the strength, and I was right for this little plane.

One reason it flew so fast was because I was afraid of it! I think I still am. Powered forward flight was working great, but I was afraid of going too slow and having my flight crumble right in front of me. I need to get up higher and play around with brief glides. Duh!

The other reason is I still have too much power (at least for now). I'm trying to step DOWN these planes, and I thought two 160X motors might do it. Well they "do it" too much. Now I have two 1106-4500kv to play with, maybe for this plane, definitely for the next one. It's ready to maiden and it's stupid light.

Yeah, even less throws and more expo!
Thanks brother. :)

And I love this plane too. Some of the big bombers, reconnaissance planes, of course the U-2 is classic. USSR had it too, and it's badass! If I wanted a twin boom pusher I would've built the Myasishchev M-55.

Myasishchev_M-55_Geophysica_3_views.svg.png

All those planes with a big reach. Elegant, tough & serious all at the same time. Bam!

Pieliker96

Elite member

cyclone3350

Master member
Maiden flight! Flies real well. Crashes in spectacular fashion!

I just saw this. What a cool little plane. Other than it being a bit touchy on the controls, it looked like it flew extremely well. I liked the roll rate and was amazed as to how fast it was.

I just saw this. What a cool little plane. Other than it being a bit touchy on the controls, it looked like it flew extremely well. I liked the roll rate and was amazed as to how fast it was.
Thank you @cyclone3350. Yeah I'll have to dial the rates way down. I haven't repaired it yet, I keep moving on to the next build. That plane has more power than I know what to do with! I could swap out the motors down a notch. Those rolls shocked me! Is that what they call a snap roll?