Mini winter ski plane

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
Hello everyone, I recently build this mini Snowplane with electronics from my deceased FT mini scout. It uses the Emax 1804 2480 kv brushless outrunner motor and two 9g servos. For control, I have an orange RX spectrum four channel receiver inside. I don't have plans but there will be a picture with specifications on it in case someone wants to try to replicate this build. This plane is made out of dollar tree foam board and I am quite aware that is not waterproof. I will not be doing anything to waterproof this plane because I want to keep it light and a fast build. Also, I'm not planning on keeping this plane for a long time, It's pretty much just for this winter season. It is three channel with a 2-foot wingspan and 2ft length. Here are some pictures.
Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 7.43.08 PM.png
Cb min ski pln SIDE.png IMG_0249.JPG IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0254.JPG IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0261.JPG
I have not flown it yet so I am not sure if it will fly, and how well.
It was a fun build and I learned alot. Videos of flight (if sucessful) will be posted.
Thanks!
Colin

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
I don't know if anyone is really interested... but I just put some colored tape on the plane to give it a cool look. Also added a pointy nose.
The windows were done by my sister who has shown great interest in RC. I hope to get her to fly this plane if It works out.
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 2.06.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 2.06.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 2.06.38 PM.png
I have not added floats or flown it yet but plan to do both soon.
If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments, I would love to hear them!
Colin

BobK

Banned
I am interested and I am sure others are as well, I will admit the wing profile scares me a bit but but hopefully it flies well :)

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
I am interested and I am sure others are as well, I will admit the wing profile scares me a bit but hopefully, it flies well :)

Thanks, and honestly the wing profile scares me too.

That looks like it is going to generate a lot of lift with very little airspeed. I look forward to a flight video

I agree, the goal was to fly as slow as possible. I might have overdone it, though. ;) Hopefully I will get a flight in this week after I build the skis.