No... I Don't have a problem..

MJSantito

Since I got more glue sticks to fix said problem I don't have! LOL

Hopefully will get a few builds in this winter and have some ideas of a few planes I'll try to see if I can design some plans for.

What's on your bench wish list for this next build season?

Attachments

• PXL_20231031_230123058.jpg
    PXL_20231031_230123058.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Would be really cool to have something like a CNC hot wire cutter.
I've got several hand held hot wire cutting bows, they work great. I'm currently working on insulating a cargo trailer, converting it into a camper. I had a bunch of 2 inch foam that I'm cutting in half, making it 1 inch foam to fit between the studs. The hotwire cutter makes the job easy.

Someday I intend to build a CNC foam cutter like this one

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
What the selling point of hot wire cutting vs foam board construction? Not a snarky question, I actually don’t know the benefits. 🙂
There is not a lot of difference. Hotwire produces a more accurate airfoil that has a slightly better glide ratio, maybe 5-10%. For boxy type planes, foamboard is the way to go. For more complex planes, I think hotwire maybe a bit easier than building one of the master series. But then I have not yet build a master series plane.

Overall, It's just another skill to master and it has uses outside of rc planes, as mentioned above. I was just beginning to hotwire planes when I stumbled across FT. I have build far more FT planes than hotwire planes.

Last edited:

Shurik-1960

I also wanted to assemble a foam cutter for a long time.More than 20 models are made of carved wings and fuselages. Excellent quality products turned out for me on this device .
When I came to the concept of the CULTURE OF WEIGHT and STRENGTH of the model, I finally settled on models using 3.5 mm thick foam and UHU POR glue. Now I'm cutting the wings only from ball foam (very light) for reworking Chinese throwing gliders.