• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! MLP4 Receiver options

Hi Guys,

I am new to this hobby. Just got my first plane which is a Horizon Hobby Aeroscout Mini. It comes with a 2.4 Ghz 4 CH ,MLP4 transmitter. It has a rudder and elevator control. I was wondering if I could use the same transmitter with any other receiver which would allow me to add the aileron control in the future? If so what type would I need to buy?

TA
dp

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I just googled it as its not something normally asked about here. That seems to be an entry level package and would be lumped in with "toy grade" stuff rather then "hobby grade" stuff most use here. It probably could pair with other receivers as its protocol is common but the parts used in it probably will not hold up well specially those gimbals.

To answer your question yes you can use it as a four channel and set up ailerons. Yes you could probably use other receivers of the same protocol. But safety wise once you learn to fly that proficiently and are ready for bigger more capable aircraft a new radio would be in order.