More Bashing of RC Hobby

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
If someone who has already signed up would like to post a copy of what was written in the article that would be great. I refuse to give them any viewership based on what it sounds like you guys are reporting here.

mesolost

WHAT TO BRING

The handy guide you're holding right now, or a mobile version of same.

A Pegasus Pin, $5, wouldn't hurt. They're good for admission to a host of Derby events through May 2.

Earplugs, especially for kids. Almost everything about Thunder Over Louisville is loud.

Sunscreen and a hat.

THE COURIER-JOURNAL

Updated: Thunder air show schedule

A roll of toilet paper, extra plush.

A radio so you can hear the air show commentary on 106.9 FM WVEZ.

A full tank of gas for the inevitable traffic jam. Don't be that guy who runs out of gas and makes a bad situation worse.

THE COURIER-JOURNAL

Road closures for Thunder Over Louisville

WHAT NOT TO BRING

For safety reasons, the following are not permitted in the event area, which goes south from the Ohio River to Main Street between Clay Street and 10th Street and includes the Thunder Chow Wagon and North Great Lawn viewing area. Due to increased security, all persons and parcels are subject to search.

Drones. It'd be nice to say they're banned just because they're dumb, but the Federal Aviation Administration frowns upon actual planes sharing airspace with idiot-powered drones.

Tents, canopies, stakes, pennant lines or tape for roping areas off.

Picnic blankets and tarps bigger than 10 feet by 10 feet are taboo, but lawn chairs are fine.

Pets, no matter how much you love them.

Grills, no matter how much you love them.

Bikes, skateboards or skates. There's free valet bike parking at the intersection of Preston and Witherspoon streets.

Outside alcohol or drinks in glass bottles.

THE COURIER-JOURNAL

Where to park for Thunder over Louisville

On the Indiana side of the river, the Jeffersonville Police Department has also banned lasers, silly string and aerosol cans or noxious gases.

Jeffrey Lee Puckett can be reached at (502) 582-4160, jpuckett@courier-journal.com and on Twitter, @JLeePuckett.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Thanks for putting that up here mesolost!

I had not had a chance to get to it and you have so kindly took care of it.

mesolost

It's no problem. Just give the page "I have none of these" answer and you don't have to sign up for diddly squat. I would have had it up sooner but I was at Wal-Mart when my phone beeped at me. ^_^

earthsciteach

He's a hack writer if he actually wrote the, "they are just dumb," comment as a joke. Reminds me of my idiot freshman students who call each other, "gay." Their defense is always, "I was just joking."

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
At least EAA is nice about asking people not to fly on the airventure grounds. They issue a notam to make sure no pilots are bringing MRs to fly over the event (which is a bad idea for obvious reasons). They also let people know about their rules through e-mails prior to the event. As a whole, EAA has actually been a pretty awesome regulation regarding our hobby, which doesn't even pertain to them. They partnered with the AMA for the safe integration of sUAS and actually had a pretty big part in the reform of the FAA regs.