Motors wont spin

Placebo

Hi, so im building my first drone and it seems that everything is working, i calibrated everything including the escs, i got the drone to work motors spinning and all but when i turn it off and back on it all connects and turns on but when i push up on the throttle nothing happens,
I checked if the reciever was on which it was and it does connect to the controller. I am using the APM 2.8, the flysky i6x or something like that, im also connecting through PPM, some troubleshooting tips would be great

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
That looks like it is running ardupilot, did you setup an arm switch?
If you have video setup, are there any messages in the OSD?

Placebo

That looks like it is running ardupilot, did you setup an arm switch?
If you have video setup, are there any messages in the OSD?

Man i just looked at the arming thing and yeh i think thats my issue my stupid apm board has a the bad compass heath problem stopping me from calibrating it it pisses me off, so yeh problem solved, wont arm, i dont even need a compass as i aint using gps but there isnt a way to tell my board that.

Arducopter won't work without a compass (unless you're getting into a multi GPS setup). If you want to fly without a compass you'll need to switch to BetaFlight. Might also be worth looking at Inav but I'm not sure if it needs a compass or not.

Here's some info on going without a compass on Arducopter. You'll need to have your board running the latest firmware (4.1) and I don't know if that's possible on an older APM 2.8.
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-compassless.html?highlight=compass

Might be easier to just buy a gps/compass module.