• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Multiplayer dogfighting drone simulator development

Hi Guys!
Keeping the upcoming bad weather in mind, when you can't fly your quads, I've been working on a programming project for a while, where I write a multi-rotor simulator game. My goal is to achieve the maximum realism, and this includes physics simulation, fully customizable aricrafts with real life specs, and PID tuning. Oh, and did I mention, that is has guns? Lots of guns!
It also can be played in multiplayer mode. The only game mode right now is dogfighting, but I plan to add many more, such as team deathmatch, CTF, and king of the hill.
It will be completely FREE!*

Could you guys tell me that is this a good, or a bad idea, would you try it out gladly, or it's a complete disaster?
Also if you are interested, could you suggest me additional features, or map places?
If the majority likes the idea, I will share the game with you, but it's still in very early development.
+Do you have any good name suggestions for the game?
Looking forward to the feedbacks. :D**
*As long as the servers can keep up with the demand.
**Sorry for my bad english.

markyoe

Sounds like a fun project! I would be thrilled to try it out. Does it use computer controls or a transmitter? Is there a single player mode with computer generated opposition?
I subscribed to follow your progress.

There is a Singleplayer mode, and I will add bots soon, but don't expect any high level AI, even the pathfinding is a big issue for me.
The game scans for joystick devices, so if your system can't recognize the transmitter as a gamepad, you have to install an emulator for that, such as SmartPropoPlus.
I would Gladly add the feature of transmitter recognition, but unfortunately My transmitter Can't be connected to PC.
I'm happy that you are excited, I'll try my best.

ooooooh interesting!!! :)
would certainly be glad to test if I may. But I am a noob not an expert in multicopter-flying, but you would need some of those as testers too, won't you? :)