My first scratchbuilt quadcopter

I had it hover at eye level indoor before, but not for long.
Just to be sure, for v4.7 when you calibrate, you have throttle stick at 100%, plug in battery, the red led will blink twice then throttle down 0% right?
How do you do stick centering?
This is the video of my maiden flight at full throttle on a 3s and throttle trim is up 80%. Btw in the clip it is me moving the quad around to see if it would improve the throttle or not. The quad itself is pretty stable. I have the 3 pots set at 60%, 50%, 60%. Toward the end, after a turn i tried to throttle up but it couldn't lift itself, so a hard landing is unavoidable!! But thanks to Eric's pool noodle, nothing is broken!

So the story goes like this, i flew it yesterday morning, didnt go very well, last night i tested it again and it hovered at half throttle on a 3s, no trim. Today i brought it out again and now motors dont even start with throttle up. They only start when i have throttle trimmed up at around 70 80%. Weird. Will re-flash.

Last edited:
So yesterday i tried another plane i have and the same thing happened, motor didn't start even with 100% throttle. So i began to think that it's not the quad but it's the radio system. I did a little research around and found quite a few threads talking about Dx6i throttle problem so I look back at my own. Sure enough, the monitor screen showed that my throttle doesn't move no matter where my move my stick to. So i reset all bound models i have to my Dx6i. Below are pictures of my throttle stick at 0% and 100%. Weird thing is the indicator didn't move all the way to the end of the scale but stop at around 75%. Is it normal? (i guess not) and how do i fix it? Thanks
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Nguyen,

I had 2 DX6i's one older DSM2 and a newer DSMX and didn't have any issues with either one. Wayne who works with me at Flitetest had an issue however, I will call him and find out what exactly he had go wrong...and what he did to fix it.

Sorry that you are having trouble.

Cheers!

Eric

Eric,
Thank you very much for your help. I don't use my TX often and before this I had no problem. Now thinking about it I might have dropped my TX face down a few days ago (about 1 foot height). Do you think something went wrong because of the fall?

Nguyen

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
No prob man. glad to help ya. I dropped a transmitter before and it seemed fine.....but honestly you just never know. from only 1 foot high I would think it would be okay. but crazier things have happened. i will let ya know what Wayne says. ;)

Eric

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Could it be the pots on the throttle stick? (circuitry internals) Can you adjust the throttle endpoints?

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Nguyen,

sorry bro, for going MIA the past week or so......my truck broke down, my lawn mower broke (fixed it, only to mow two laps around the yard and another part broke....GRRRRR), my mom's truck broke down, as well as being BURIED with work. I am pretty sure I will see Wayne this weekend, so I will make sure to ask him.

Cheers!

Eric

oh man, so sorry to hear. hope everything is ok now. no rush Eric, I'm out of town and away from my tx for the summer. I just want to know if it's easily fixed by nonprofessional, otherwise I might have to order another one.

@colorex: I would if I knew his account name :D