• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mystery M-30 esc no tones for programming

mzrhayes

Hey everyone, got a quick question for yall. I have 4 Mystery M-30 esc's installed on my new v-tail. I want to program them so I do this:

Plug 1 esc into throttle port on my receiver.
Full throttle on transmitter and power it on.
Plug in battery.

then...........nothing, no tones only heat in my esc (so i assume its getting power)

I've researched on the web and found the tone settings for similar esc's but not the m-30 so I decided to try it anyway. Does anyone have experience with these and know where there's any resources? The only other number i have is on the pcb board of the esc and its 400523A
:(

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I know that ESCs do not beep if the motor isn't connected (or properly connected). If you only tried one, it might have a bad connection to the motor. That may be a bad soldered connection because of your doing, or a bad solder job inside of the ESC.

mzrhayes

thankyou

I know that ESCs do not beep if the motor isn't connected (or properly connected). If you only tried one, it might have a bad connection to the motor. That may be a bad soldered connection because of your doing, or a bad solder job inside of the ESC.
Thanks! I didn't have my motor connected to the esc for safety, guess i was wrong. I appreciate your help!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
You can plug your motor, but don't forget to remove the propellers.
Agreed. Motor: YES. Prop: NO!

You're not going to harm a brushless motor by running it without a prop. But you can certainly harm yourself or something else by running a motor with a prop on it, especially if you don't have that motor properly mounted yet.

Balu

Staff member
Admin
I'm new at this, but doesn't the motor produce the "beep" anyway? The ESC needs the motor as a "speaker".

mzrhayes

Hey everyone thanks for your input!

Update: I plugged in the motor (propless) to the esc and hooked up the esc to the throttle port on my receiver. I then powered on my transmitter with full throttle and plugged in my bec to the battery port on my receiver, but I got nothing for programming tones, only the throttle calibration procedure. Any other ideas before i go buy more esc's? I tried this on two of my esc's with identical results.

Thanks Again!

zsumo

Mystery M-30 30a SimonK ESCs - programming info / manual

I know the original post is over a year old, but this should still be useful to someone ... I have 4 of these Mystery M-30 ESCs and so far so good, real test still to come on new tricopter under construction. I'm not sure where I found this but it has about twice as much info as you are likely to want or need ... ! (new to this forum so hope I get the file/attach procedure right ... looks right on the post preview

View attachment mystery-esc-programming.pdf