Nano QX Rates and Agility mode stability

SiDiX

I have a Nano QX and a Dx6i. I am trying to learn to fly in the agility mode to move onto larger quads and eventually FPV (no serious racing just wanna fly around for fun) The agility mode on the NQX is really touchy... i am using the standard rates and binding procedures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wQVxp2KGvc

This is the reference video i used

What settings would i need to change to make agility not so touchy... or a little bit better for learning? I have seen the 'stagility' mode settings some people are coming out with but that looks half cheating and i dont really wanna 'train' myself to fly with a self leveling feature. It was great to get rid of the first flight jitters but i would like to 'move on' :)

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Horizon is a bit harsh on their transition between "intermediate" (let's loosen the stabilizer a little so you can pilot a little more) and Expert (you're the expert, so no help for you!), particularly in control rates.

If you feel like you're ready for "expert" but you turn it on and it's way too twitchy, go into your dual rates and expo page on the radio and reduce the rates and increase the expo on the elevator and aileron channels. Reducing the rates will decrease the overall twitchiness of the airframe where as expo softens the center -- movement near the center is gentle, but you still retain the full range for the set rate out at the ends of the sticks.

Off the cuff, rates of 80 and expo of 20 should be a good place to start. Adjust as you see fit. you can do this to the rudder channel as well if yaw is too touchy, but don't do it to throttle.

Keep in mind, the NanoQX is SMALL. The sheer lack of mass will make her more responsive and the physical size reduces the amount of time it takes for her to fly beyond visible range.

SiDiX

So right now (with all my switches on 0) it looks like
AILE 0 70% INH
ELEV 0 70% INH
RUDD 0 100% INH

When i flip ELEV D/R and AIL D/R everything reads 100%. Just so i understand these are my two flight options right? the first being the stability mode with the rates at 70% and the auto leveling on and the other rates are 100% normal with no auto leveling?

If i want to leave the stability mode alone and just change agility mode i would change the rate when they are in the 1 position right?