Help! Need help with wiring up an FC

OneCupOfCoffee204

After reading about this thing called a Flight Controller I was anxious to see that if I could incorporate one into my project. It can do some remarkable things like Go Home and Self Stabilization for beginners. The only problem is, it came with minimal instructions on how to wire it all up. If someone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.
On the controller, there are inputs and outputs for Ail, Ele, Thr, and Rud. Also, there are GPS and Mode connections. If I can figure out where the receiver goes, I think the rest will fall into place.
I have tried hooking CH3 on the receiver to both THR In and out on the FC with no joy.
Thank's.

Attachments

• IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
First, check if your controller is correct set TYPE SELECTION , delta, v-wing, eg. On the controller, you have different IN - ports, and OUT - ports. Servos (.eg) is connected to your controller at OUT - ports. On the IN - ports , cables goes to your reciver at correct ports.

Easy said, the controller is to be connected between the reciver and servos. The two adjustable screws, is to adjust the sensitivity on two axis.

Here is a link to complete English manual : http://www.rc-castle.com/image/data/NB ONE/NBONEMANUAL.pdf

Last edited:

OneCupOfCoffee204

First, check if your controller is correct set TYPE SELECTION , delta, v-wing, eg. On the controller, you have different IN - ports, and OUT - ports. Servos (.eg) is connected to your controller at OUT - ports. On the IN - ports , cables goes to your reciver at correct ports.

Easy said, the controller is to be connected between the reciver and servos. The two adjustable screws, is to adjust the sensitivity on two axis.

Here is a link to complete English manual : http://www.rc-castle.com/image/data/NB ONE/NBONEMANUAL.pdf

I don't see in the diagram where the ESC connects. If I was connecting to just a receiver, I would connect it to the 3rd port which is the throttle but when I connect to the Thr-out or Thr-in nothing happens.

OneCupOfCoffee204

I have installed, setup and used a number of different flight stabilizers/controllers can I help you through the setup of the current version?

Have fun!
I sent that one back, I tried everything in the instructions and the advice offered but nothing worked.
I'm working on getting another one that is more commonly used and tested.
Again thanks to everyone for your help.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I sent that one back, I tried everything in the instructions and the advice offered but nothing worked.
I'm working on getting another one that is more commonly used and tested.
Again thanks to everyone for your help.
Of the cheapest offerings I do like the NX3 but the best one so far has been the ZOHD Lite with its GPS and return to home feature.
Using the ZOHD you can setup the model to effectively take off, recover itself in an emergency, return to home in the event of a LOS, and after lining it up land itself after cutting the throttle.

Great for a beginner of a nervous pilot but a little boring for a very experienced pilot.

Have fun!

OneCupOfCoffee204

Of the cheapest offerings I do like the NX3 but the best one so far has been the ZOHD Lite with its GPS and return to home feature.
Using the ZOHD you can setup the model to effectively take off, recover itself in an emergency, return to home in the event of a LOS, and after lining it up land itself after cutting the throttle.

Great for a beginner of a nervous pilot but a little boring for a very experienced pilot.

Have fun!
Thanks for the info, I just picked one up at BG and the waiting begins lol

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Thanks for the info, I just picked one up at BG and the waiting begins lol
I just installed the zohd its tricky too and many of us have difficulty with it as well, 35 pages on another site of guys having issues to work out....my grandson wants to install one so I made a how to video for everyone while I was at it yesterday, after I spent a few days figuring out all the details during my setup and just so happens I used the flysky transmitter and receiver your using because no one made a video on how to setup in PWM mode all the videos were for Sbus......so programing the FlySky radio steps are there as well......hope this helps
video is a bit lengthy but there are a lot of steps and details to cover

Last edited:

OneCupOfCoffee204

Thanks for taking the time to make this instructional video.
I don't know about you guys but I'm getting cabin fever.
I don't know what I'd do without my hobbies and good people willing to pass on
their knowledge and experiences.

SPHINX

[QUOTE = "OneCupOfCoffee204, poste: 556708, membre: 47028"] Après avoir lu à propos de ce truc appelé contrôleur de vol, j'étais impatient de voir que si je pouvais en incorporer un dans mon projet. Il peut faire des choses remarquables comme Go Home et Self Stabilisation pour les débutants. Le seul problème est, il est venu avec des instructions minimales sur la façon de tout câbler. Si quelqu'un peut faire la lumière là-dessus, ce serait grandement apprécié.
Sur le contrôleur, il y a des entrées et des sorties pour Ail, Ele, Thr et Rud. En outre, il existe des connexions GPS et Mode. Si je peux comprendre où va le récepteur, je pense que le reste se mettra en place.
J'ai essayé de brancher CH3 sur le récepteur à la fois THR In et out sur le FC sans joie.
Merci. [/ DEVIS]

SPHINX

Bonjour, j'ai eu exactement le même problème que toi avec le contrôleur de vol NB ONE avec gps.Je l'ai installé sur l'avion que je viens de construire, je l'ai branché et j'ai cru qu'il ne fonctionnait pas.J'ai eu envie de le renvoyer mais j'ai trouvé cette notice.
IL faut brancher: aileron récepteur sur AIL dans du NB ONE, gouvernail du récepteur sur RUD dans, manette des gaz sur THR dans, ascenseur sur ELE dans.
Le GPS sur le prix GPS et MODE sur le canal du récepteur ou tu as un interrupteur à 3 positions. L'alimentation se fait par le récepteur.
Brancher en-suite le servo aileron sur AIL out, le servo, rud sur RUD out, le moteur sur THR out, le servo ascenseur sur ELE out.
Mettre l'avion bien à plat et ne pas toucher. Allumer radio et brancher la batterie avion. Attendre environ 10 s sans rien toucher. Puis manœuvrer rapidement de haut en bas 6 fois le switch a 3 positions. Voilà ça marche. En position 1 mode manuel, 2 altitude conserve l'altitude en lâchant les manches, 3 garde une altitude de 20 mètres.
pour vérifier incliner l'avion ses servos doivent bouger.
Voir

Attachments

• B7CBFF24-1B24-4637-96B5-C30ADC1E2779.png
    B7CBFF24-1B24-4637-96B5-C30ADC1E2779.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • B9FD01D6-FAF2-4169-A12A-78C935EB937E.png
    B9FD01D6-FAF2-4169-A12A-78C935EB937E.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: